Quantcast

Looking for a 26" tire recommendation.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I need to buy 4 new tires for my 2 XC bikes. It's just for me and my daughter to ride some local trails nothing super tech but there are some rocky climbs etc...

I was looking for "affordable" tires in the 26x2.1 range that are a good all around tire. I was looking at some of the Panaracer FIRE XC pro's that are still around because they always served me well. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I have been amazed at my Maxxis Aggressors in 2.3; not too wide, not too skinny. Corner like a DHish tire but roll pretty fast. Might be avail in 2.1? Dunno. (edit: Nope, but the 2.3 is really, really great...)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have been amazed at my Maxxis Aggressors in 2.3; not too wide, not too skinny. Corner like a DHish tire but roll pretty fast. Might be avail in 2.1? Dunno. (edit: Nope, but the 2.3 is really, really great...)
Awesome, thank you. I think I can fit a 2.3 on my bike. I'll double check but thanks for the heads up!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you need measurements on my bike (old Mavic wider UST rims...) I can take

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think i might have 1 or 2 maxxis advantage in 2.1 i'd be willing to part with. the 2.4's you'd have to fight me to the death.

V_Dub925

Chimp
May 15, 2020
I have several conti mountain kings and cross kings I will probably never use.
I have been running xKings on my trail bike and they roll incredibly fast but offer little to no protection. If flats aren't an issue, they are awesome on flow trails.