Quantcast

looking for a bike shop in NNJ

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
The title say it all. I just moved to stanhope nj from down by NYC. So I am just looking for a good shop that sales high end Free Ride / DH parts.

-Brian

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
CYCLE WORKS. No doubt, your search will begin and end here.

Located on Rt. 206 in Stanhope/Byram, near Lynnes Nissan and the Shop Rite.

Shop co-owner John Nicholson is easily the best mechanic I have met in my life, and people I have met from around the country note him as one of the top as well. His knowledge of all facets of cycling is ridiculous, and DH/FR/DJ is one of his specialties.

The entire staff - co-owner Frank, techs Jerry and Geoff, and service girl Lily are on point. Cycle Works' flagship brand is Giant, with Haro their second tier, but whether you bring in a Specialized BigHit, Surly Steamroller fixed gear or 1967 Schwinn Typhoon (all from personal experience, mind you), they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

973.347.3733, open every day except Wednesday. You're welcome.

EDIT: Note that I don't work for, nor am I paid or sponsored by this shop. They are just that good.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Another vote for cycleworks. If you're IN stanhope, a better option does not exist. I live about 35 mins away and went there based on reputation, was not disappointed.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I just moved here and have not gone down that part of 206 yet. So don't give me **** that I live like 5 minutes away. I will stop by on Fri. Thanks o and by the way is there one person that is the best to talk to about what I am looking for.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
Theres a kid named eric mahon that hangs out there alot.. he rides in stanhope alot too although he sold his dh bike. There also used to be dirt jumps but they really sucked. pm me if you want some info.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Theres a kid named eric mahon that hangs out there alot.. he rides in stanhope alot too although he sold his dh bike. There also used to be dirt jumps but they really sucked. pm me if you want some info.
Isnt that the kid who thinks anything is gay without a motor and we all ride DH because we are afraid of speed? :busted:

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
I too go to Racers Edge - takes me an hour by car just to get there. Probably just as good as Cycle Works and the owner Gerald really knows his stuff. You can't go wrong with either shop