Quantcast

Looking for a BMX

Flips

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
whistler
I am looking to get a bmx bike. anyone have any advice? have one they are selling? know of anyone who is selling one? I am a 5'6" girl. I have been leaning towards a cruiser but not sure- seems like a much easier transition from a mtb to a cruiser.

Thanks!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Are you in Seattle or Colorado? If your in CO, check out the Indoor BMX series in Loveland, CO - next races are Feb. 5-6. Check www.frontrangebmx.com for more info - at any rate, there's always bikes for sale at those races for reasonable prices and such.

As far as cruiser vrs. 20" goes - I was riding a cruiser for a few months and it seemed to fit me well as a 6'2" guy that normally rides mtn bikes, but being a bit shorter you may be able to rock the 20" and be fine. ANY BMX bike will feel squirrelly and steep compared to a MTB, and will rpobably take a bit to get used to. I never got to the point on the BMX where I was comfortable REALLY givin' her or jumping, but since I've gotten back on the mtn bike I've just been MOBBING over stuff that used to give me troubles... I gotta think riding the Rabid Squirrel™ for three months helped my skills...

After all, girls only want boyfriends that have skills. Bow hunting skills, nun chuck skills, computer hacking skills...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I am looking to get a bmx bike. anyone have any advice? have one they are selling? know of anyone who is selling one? I am a 5'6" girl. I have been leaning towards a cruiser but not sure- seems like a much easier transition from a mtb to a cruiser.
I've got a Bontrager Cruiser BMX bike that I'm looking to offload. Very good condition. Very fun bike! Bontrager no longer makes BMX (or mountain frames, I think), but you can rest assure that it is bomb proof!

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get some pics uploaded.

KN

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Flips said:

Thanks!

You should visit The Fix Online. They could probably do something for you.

May 26, 2004
Denver
don't get a cruiser. everyone whines about the transition. its really hard, but if you stick with it you'll be way better in the end. pm me if you want help, i work at a shop and can find you a deal and i might have some friends selling bikes, i'll ask around.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
If you decide to go the 20" route, here is a light, ready-to-race BMX bike for ya. Top notch parts throughout the bike. I never ride it anymore, so willing to let it go for a decent price. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you more details.