Quantcast

Looking for a destination in New England

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Im trying to plan a trip somewhere in Northern New England this fall and Ive narrowed my search down to within 200 miles of Boston. That encompasses all of VT and NH as well as the eastern mtns of ME and the eastern Adirondacks to aboot Lake Placid or so. I was thinking about targeting either the Sunday River, Sugarloaf area or Pittsburg, NH areas, but its not set in stone. What Im specifically looking for is not just some trail to hit up but a trail that takes me somewhere to some sort of "prize"
I was thinking about something with a destination involved such as the Allagash trains on Eagle Lake which are unfortunately too far for a weekend trip or the B52 crash site on Elephant Mtn in Maine which Ive already found, or something similar, ie. not find some trail, ride down it and turn around to come back

So, where are your favorite nooks that are out of the way that would be a cool place to drive to? Plane crash sites? Cool waterfalls? Abandoned, overgrown villages?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
luken8r said:
Im trying to plan a trip somewhere in Northern New England this fall and Ive narrowed my search down to within 200 miles of Boston. That encompasses all of VT and NH as well as the eastern mtns of ME and the eastern Adirondacks to aboot Lake Placid or so. I was thinking about targeting either the Sunday River, Sugarloaf area or Pittsburg, NH areas, but its not set in stone. What Im specifically looking for is not just some trail to hit up but a trail that takes me somewhere to some sort of "prize"
I was thinking about something with a destination involved such as the Allagash trains on Eagle Lake which are unfortunately too far for a weekend trip or the B52 crash site on Elephant Mtn in Maine which Ive already found, or something similar, ie. not find some trail, ride down it and turn around to come back

So, where are your favorite nooks that are out of the way that would be a cool place to drive to? Plane crash sites? Cool waterfalls? Abandoned, overgrown villages?
Have you been to This website? The old USGS quads might show some old towns that aren't around anymore.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you feel like scuba diving, you can find the towns of greenwich, dana, prescott and enfield.

they currently under the waters of the quabbin reservoir.