Quantcast

Looking for a dirt bike?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hey guys, I am stepping up to a bigger woods bike. I really like this thing, but I want to hit it harder and faster. I bought this CRF150F about a month ago brand new. It has electric start and I have replaced the fork springs, air filter, and handlebar with higher performance stuff. I know this is spamming, but I thought someone on here might be looking.

New they are $3200, I am looking for $2300 obo.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I've found a mint condition 2004 KTM 200 XC. The amount of woods riding around me is crazy. Some of these trails are handlebar wide.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I knew you would move to a big bike. I was telling JeffD the same thing. The mini's are fun play bikes but if you want to get serious about riding real trails and tracks then the big bike is where it's at. I have a pit bike for a play bike too.

You will be happy with the 200. It's a good woods bike. I have the same bike that Stoney is spamming. It's pretty much the only 250F choice for those of us in the 190+ catagory since it has the power.

That said, that CRF150 is a great bike to learn on. No one would want a KTM525 of a Service Honda CR500AF for their first bike.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, everyone told me I would need a bigger bike. But I am comfortable with the way it went down. I like my CRF150F. I can turn that thing like a DS bike, but the ground clearance is killing me on our woods trails. I can ride the CRF150F just fine on them, but I want to pin everything I do and I'm getting hung up on stuff with the 19"/16" wheels.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My first moto bike was straight to a KX125 new off the showroom floor when I was 13. I had to use a milk crate to start it. Killing the engine in the backwoods was an adventure.

You'll love the bigger bike.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
A bunch of us Windrock locals had a verbal pact to all get play bikes to goof off on. Then one guy got a 230, then another got a 250, and then we found the holy grail of woods singletrack and now the play bike pact has evaporated.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Yes, I greatly miss my 03 CR250. The plan was to have already bought a new one by now, but then we had our son. Not saying I would trade my son for a Dirt Bike, but just saying it was the only other sport I liked more than DHing. Guys our size need a 250F or bigger to enjoy the experience better.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
so doug, if I bring my big bike down there for our fall ride, will you guys show me the way to the hidden singletrack?

And Butch, at least you guys have hills to bump start bikes on. The 125 should have been easy to fire up coasting down a hill. Try getting a flooded 4 stroke to start in a flat sandy woods. Not going to happen. Tip of the day, bring a spare plug and tools unless you have heli rescue on call.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
You guys infected Jeff D and Peaster. Now they both have bikes.

I sold mine little over 5 years ago. Got tired of riding tracks and lost my convenient location to ride out my back door. Only thing that can get me back into it would be trails.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Brady, just so happens I am selling a bike that matches Jeff and Jason's and I know where there are some awesome trails.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Brady, just so happens I am selling a bike that matches Jeff and Jason's and I know where there are some awesome trails.
If there are more trails around here than there used to be I might entertain getting another bike. I sold my YZ125 before I started closing on my house 5 years ago. If I were to get another it would be a KTM 250 thumper. Rode a guys KTM once and that hydro clutch was the shiznit and the Brembo brakes were nice too.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Doesn't seem to be much in the way of trails down here so I could see getting a CR250 or something similarly trackworthy down the road. Y'know, like once I'm good enough to make it out of my driveway without eating s***...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
did a little over 40 miles of ATV trail today. Good fun.

Here in Michigan, we have over 3000 miles of public ATV trails. About 600 of that is moto only. I just wish we had some elevation.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
We did ??? miles today and some of Jason's family's property. Mix of double and singletrack as well as some wide open farm land/pasture ripping. We drained a tank of gas and I'm smoked.

You guys and your gazillion miles of trail can bite me.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Picked up the KTM 200EXC yesterday and did some mileage with Matt and Loo at Windrock. We mostly did uncharted exploring looking for old singletrack and roads. Holy Hell that KTM is an angry beast. More to come.