Quantcast

looking for a frame with specific #s - need help

Sep 12, 2004
so im in search of a new frame to build up over the winter but i have some specific things that i want in the frame and couldnt find many options so i was wondering if you all know of any others i may be missing

wheel size: 26in
HA: somewhere from 70 to 72 degrees
CS: 15.5 inches or shorter is a must
disc brake mount

i will be runing a short travel 80mm fork also and single speed

so far the only frame i could find are the NS bikes suburban and majesty. i guess right now i am leaning towards the majesty but if i could avoid buying a frame with a spanish BB (i would have to buy new bmx cranks) that would be a plus

aluminum or steel but must have horizontal dropouts

so you guys know of any other frames besides the NS stuff???

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
SuperCo Charger.

Geometry (with 18.5” fork)
Head Angle: 70°
Seat Angle: 71° effective at 16 inch BB center to seat rails (68 actual)
TT length: 22.125 inch (actual), 22.75 inch (effective)
BB height: 12.125 inch
Min CS length: 15 inch
Min wheel base: 39.6 inch (with 1.75 inch fork offset)
Head tube length: 4.5 inch
Seat tube length: 9.75 inch (BB center to TT center)
Frame weight: 5.1 lbs

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

Eastern Black Betty

Full Chromoly frame with EB logo cut-out in headtube
Heat-treated bottom bracket, dropouts and headtube
Intergrated seatpost clamp
Wax-lost molded chainstay yoke
Disk brake tabs
Spanish BB
Intergrated headset
14.7" Slammed chainstay/ 15" to center
14mm or 10mm dropout
Toptube: 21.8"
Colors: Black or White
Weight: 5.6 pounds

Dont know about the HA, but def has a short cs.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
yeah I'd go with either the Pinscher or SuperCo looks like it would be right for you....

The price for the Pinscher is RIGHT!

here are a few:

With Rigid

With Suspension Fork:

The SuperCo Is NICE though.....

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Atomlab Trailking is close... a bit slack though at 69 degrees with a 4" fork. But it does have very short chainstays.

Sep 12, 2004
hmmmm - ill check out the dob. for some reason i thought that was more slack

and if i remember correctly, i think the black betty has a 69 degree HA. i read that in the 09 launch eastern catalog

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i don't think you will find a 72 HA that is compatible with suspension forks and 26" wheels.

the eastern isn't slack. double check the angle with a 2-3" travel fork...

Sep 12, 2004
i ride more of a street trials type thing - my last frame was a simtra BnB which has a 72 degree HA (according to the site of course) and its designed around an 80ish mm sus fork

so im used to riding a really steep bike. ive ridden a friends sinister dna with a 69 degree HA and i just didnt like it - to slack for me

Sep 12, 2004
ehh i think my money is still on the ns majesty: its the lightest frame out there at 4.9 lbs, 70.5 HA, 15in stays, intergrated headset, spanish bb...

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
hmmmm - ill check out the dob. for some reason i thought that was more slack

and if i remember correctly, i think the black betty has a 69 degree HA. i read that in the 09 launch eastern catalog
all of the EB 26" frames have the same geo and I was told by a guy at Eastern that the HA are 71. I ride a Nighttrain frame and I would say it's in that neighborhood and my fork is dropped 10mm from what they base their geo on.

Sep 12, 2004
yeah i checked the eastern and the eastern 26 pages and neither list the HA for the BB or the night train frames for some reason so ill take your word on that

anyways, here is a very nice BB built up on pink bike. very shinny

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
The Nemesis Project Deathmobile 135 is also very close to the #'s your looking for .
Here's a few pic's of our French Pro rider David Desnoes personal bike . He's been ripping on this frame for almost a full year now without any trouble .

GEO:
HA70
SA71.0
TT:22.75
chainstay:15.35
Seattube :11.50

Sorry for the low res on this , I think it's a scan of cycle VTT a Frech printed bike news paper

Last edited: