Quantcast

looking for a Mt. Biker/website builder.(Peru)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Who might be interested in trading web design duties for a Mt. Bike trip in Peru...really.
Here is the deal. I have a company that I am trying to get off of the ground, and I need a few things...first is a solid website, the second is design help for brochures, business cards, etc, and the third is continuous search maximization of my site.
I am offering a trip to Cusco peru on May 7-14th, and I am considering inviting someone who could help me with these tasks at a VERY professional level the opportunity to come on this trip essentially for free, depending upon the work performed (I could not do airfare to Lima, however). Check out my current site (ignore the outdated trip, this is to give you a sense of all that I have to change).
www.pocolocotours.com

I am more than happy to answer any questions, and am willing to offer discounts as well if the possibility of bringing others along on a trip exists. More to come!

J

JRB

rideit said:
Do you have some suggestions? Are you talking about spammage to my contact e-mail on the website?
Nope - just the fact that many folks won't know you, and will badger you. I am hoping they will see you are a real guy that folks know, and leave the thread be. That's all.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
as to why a masters of accounting would require ghetto ass front-page web skills, I haven't the foggiest. I need something google can pick up, and doesn't show up all fubared with mozilla. What she did is cool, but just not practical anymore...what program were you in at UT?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
This is not a small undertaking by any far stretch of the imagination. You first need to address the marketing strategy. Yes, while the internet is where most of it will be done, much much much thought must be put into the development of the site.

Nothing kills a business quicker on line then a site that looks like a hack did it.

Do not settle for teenager skills alone, as finding someone who can at least appreciate the depth and gravity of a business will add a sense of legitimacy.

Start with this, and you may find the right people for your endeavour.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yo, hit me up man - I am a professional designer, as well as a photographer. I'd be interested in discussing possibilities with you.

I will let you know up front though, a MTB trip alone wouldn't really cover costs on a professional site (especially without airfare).

You can check out some of my latest work at http://www.e13components.com

edit: I couldn't agree more with SK. A sloppy site will sink you right quick.
edit #2: I taipe gud.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Transcend said:
Yo, hit me up man - i am a professional designer, as well as a photographer. I'd be interested in discussing possibilities with you.
And this would be my case and point! You would be wise to hit Transcend up for a discussion.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks for the honest assesment. This is exactly why I know the need to focus on this in the most professional way. Of course, being a startup, (I have done one trip to date as a guide, it went VERY well) I am broker than a 2000 ellsworth truth frame..and that is broke!
SO, I know that this is a possible transaction. The one thing that I can offer risk free is my services in Peru...all other things, of course, would involve cash. I am not afraid of that, and would like nothing more than to pay what I can. My trips, at retail, are about $1850 per person, all included from Lima to Lima, usually for 8 days...this trip in May is a week, (unless I can find clients who wish to go for longer).
Keep in mind that my itinerary includes 4-5 star lodging when available (think $300. a night) and the best food in the country that I can find...it is no campers-dirthead type deal. What I am trying to develop is a very upscale offering.
Thanks again, please keep the suggestions coming, I really do appreciate it!
I will PM ASAP!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
rideit said:
as to why a masters of accounting would require ghetto ass front-page web skills, I haven't the foggiest. I need something google can pick up, and doesn't show up all fubared with mozilla. What she did is cool, but just not practical anymore...what program were you in at UT?
my girlfriend is PPA (and she, too, thought that class was worthless for an MPA). she took the class in the fall. i showed her your site when she started the class, because i thought you had said your wife did it in ITAC. she got worried because she had no clue how to do any of that stuff, so she put a lot of time into her site. ended up with an A.