Quantcast

Looking for a Mtb...Need Suggestions

MTBNY

Chimp
Jun 6, 2012
Troy, NY
Hi all,

I am looking to get back into MTBing and need some suggestions on a good Mtb, $700-$800 is my spending limit. New or Used, Full or half suspension Mtb. I would prefer full suspension bike due to the nature on how I (will) ride.
Here are some that I have picked out. Give me a yeah or nay or YOUR OWN suggestions. Bike size = Medium. Ready to buy NOW.

Any Specialized Suggestions?

Giant Warp D3

giant rainier se

Santa Cruz Superlight Medium - I like :thumb:

ANY OPINIONS ON THE MONGOOSE BRAND?!
Mongoose Salvo Sport Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Mongoose Men's D-H Team

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MTBNY

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
You're in Troy! Welcome!!!! I'm in the Saratoga Springs Area...actually riding Colonie tonight.

Bike suggestions - I personally have both a hardtail and full suspension and find that, regardless of the terrain, I tend to ride my hardtail more, but that could be just me.

In your price range, you'll likely be able to find quite a few options. Of those listed, I think the Superlight or the Rainier are both great bikes. I'd also suggest checking out the Giant bikes (Elevate Cycles in Clifton Park carries them) they might be a little more (about $1k) but some of them are really quite nice. I haven't seen too many higher end FS bikes for sale locally, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

As for Mongoose, I really don't know much about them and haven't ridden them at all -- sorry.

Where/when do you ride? We have a group ride (co-ed) scheduled for Central Park in Schenectady next Monday if you're interested and numerous rides at SMBA, and a bunch of other local places too! Hope to see you on the trails.

Oct 11, 2012
East Bay Area, CA
If you're wanting a higher end bike at an affordable price craigslist or eBay may be your best bets just be wary of who you're dealing and throughly check everything out. To this day I haven't had any problems with either. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Roxan

Chimp
Jun 14, 2013
I was also lloking for some help regarding this topic and finalli i got it.Thanx man for this nice sharing.