Quantcast

Looking for a new frame...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So it's getting to be about the time that I get a full suspension bike, and as I have been out of the loop for 3-4 years, I have no idea what's out there. I was hoping to take advantage of the group knowledge on RM in locating a new bike. I'm currently on the remnants of the RM pity bike and the parts will be swapped over to the new FS frame. Currently running Avid Discs, old school XTR cranks, and a Fox Vanilla 125.
This limits me to frames that can accept discs, old school bb's, and a 100-125mm fork.

I have very few constraints:
Full Suspension
XC 3-5" of travel max
Cheap (I don't need an Ibis), trying to keep the cost under $600 for the frame, but not limited to that.
With few exceptions, I want to get a new (ie un-used) frame.
Available in XL (20.5"-21.5")
On the lighter end of heavy, as this is my XC bike and will be used for Xterra tri's.

Disclaimers:
I care not what brand it is, just that it works.
It doesn't need to be the lightest thing going, but it is an XC bike. I don't ride DH or trails like a DH rider anymore.
Good pedaling is a preference, but not necessity.

Any ideas and where to locate them would be appreciated. I can think of Performance, Pricepoint, and Ebay off hand. Are there other shops (discount) that I should be aware of?

Thanks
-Joker

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good calls. Any other discount online shops out there?
JD - Still a bastard. Funny, but a bastard.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
JD - Still a bastard. Funny, but a bastard.
That was posted a few days ago. I didn't even notice the dual rear shock until I slapped it here.

For the real deal, check out the IH MKIII. Light, pedals well, and for lighter folks, it can take a beating. I have seen frames for about $400. The large is listed as 19", but it was comfy for me and I'm 6'4". If I were 180lbs, I would have one for trails.

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
cambriabike.com
beyondbikes.com
chainreactioncycles.com
greenfish.com
jensonusa.com
masherz.com
performancebike.com
pricepoint.com
speedgoat.com
sicklines.com
coloradocyclist.com...santa cruz package bicycles.....Heckler or a Superlight under $2000