Quantcast

Looking for a powdercoater in Los Angeles

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Or nearby.

Just looking to get a frame powdercoated.

Any good ones?

Thanks.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Olympic does nice work, too. Turner's stock coater, and Intense's too, I believe.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
MikeD said:
Olympic does nice work, too. Turner's stock coater, and Intense's too, I believe.
I'm pretty sure they do/did Foes; for a while at least. I have some complaints with their customer service (IE being told my stuff was done and costing me a worthless trip to find it how I left it) but I'm more than pleased with Shercon in Santa Fe Springs. I'd trust Dave's suggestion as well.

THEDUDE

Chimp
Dec 27, 2003
foesjunky said:
Olympic did mine and yes they still do all Foes. Two coats Green and clear plus they stripped for $160.00

Pppfffff bahahahahaha!!!! sick colors. Bahahahahahahah

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Olympic stripped and coated my hardtail in Kawasaki green for about $75. It was money well spent and the coat looks good too. I've only had it for a few months, so only time will tell how long and well it holds.

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
So, I have a question- Did you just drop off your bike and they painted it or did you have to strip it and then they painted it? I am very interested in painting my bike. So this is good news to me! I wasn't aware of a place that did this. Good news!

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Bobby Peru said:
So, I have a question- Did you just drop off your bike and they painted it or did you have to strip it and then they painted it? I am very interested in painting my bike. So this is good news to me! I wasn't aware of a place that did this. Good news!
You must take the bike apart, They will strip the old paint of only! All the powdercoater wants is the frame, The don't have the time/ability/ know how to strip you rig. Hope this helps

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
foesjunky said:
You must take the bike apart, They will strip the old paint of only! All the powdercoater wants is the frame, The don't have the time/ability/ know how to strip you rig. Hope this helps
And don't forget...this means no bearings in the frame, swingarms and the like completely disassembled, and they need to be given explicit instruction on what parts to mask off (bearing races, etc.)

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
MikeD said:
And don't forget...this means no bearings in the frame, swingarms and the like completely disassembled, and they need to be given explicit instruction on what parts to mask off (bearing races, etc.)
Good call, I forget not everyone thinks about those things. Make sure your powercoater has experience with bikes.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's one of the reasons I used Olympic...they know Turners and know where the bushings sit.

I had a bad experience with someone else who claimed to know bikes but failed to mask anything, despite my explicit instructions.