Quantcast

Looking for a pretty specific CPS bolt kit from Avid any ideas?185mm adapt. to 74mm

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
I'm looking for the CPS (Caliper Position System) hardware kit that is used for 185mm to 74mm post. To be even more specific I'm looking for the Titanium Hardware kit which is
Avid part# 11.5012.868.000

I did find the regular bolt kit on Pricepoint.com but was unable to find the Ti set. I also went onto BTI and could only find the regular kit. Anyway, any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
the avid ti bolt saves a whopping 2g.
I'm a detail freak, that's all it amounts to. I've got the Juicy Carbons on both the front and back and for some reason I feel I need everything to match. I have to be that way with my job and now my how hobbies are being affected by my attention to detail. Nobody else would notice it if I were to just have the regular hardware but I'd still know its there.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
Is it the spacers and everything thats Ti??? or just the bolts? If its just the bolts just order them individually from BTI
It's just the bolts but I don't know the length of the bolts hence the reason for the kit. If anyone can provide the bolt info. I'd take that. Thanks!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well the bolts from the 160 185 and 203 are the same lengths, So I am guessing you need the two taht hold the adapter, and the two that hold the caliper on right??? If you want, I think I probably have them in stock up at Cycelry in redlands. I will need to check, but we used to have a tray just full of Ti bolts.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
Well the bolts from the 160 185 and 203 are the same lengths, So I am guessing you need the two taht hold the adapter, and the two that hold the caliper on right??? If you want, I think I probably have them in stock up at Cycelry in redlands. I will need to check, but we used to have a tray just full of Ti bolts.

185mm to 74mm post needs a longer bolt then any of the other setups because you're using the same bolt to fasten the caliper and then it goes into the post mount and into the fork. The 185mm 74mm post mount is like a spacer rather then actually being bolted down to the post mounts and then bolting your caliper to that bracket. Hope i explained that ok.

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
These are the right ones:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=20303

Thnx djamgils, just wish I would have looked there last week when I got some brake line from them. Now I may have to drop $20 just to get two bolts delivered to me. I'll keep looking for another day to see if I can't find them stateside otherwise it's of to the UK for two bolts. I gotta stop being so picky. Thanks again.