Quantcast

Looking for a rim...

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Are you just guessing at the first rim that comes to mind - because clearly, those don't meet the requirements?
I see tendency of using Enduro rims on Downhill tracks with some exceptions. I don't use Ex823 much and they are heavy!

For the wheel combo, lighter wheel in front and a sturdy dh wheel in rear would work.

What are sufficient dh wheels for you? it depends what kind of ridding style OP has.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Here is the OP's question:

Does anyone know if there is a 27.5 downhill rim made with a 36 hole pattern?

Now Tomasis, what on earth are you talking about - how does your answer relate to this question?
Ridemonkey tradition is to stray off topic, but you might as well just have pitched in with the recipe for Beef stroganoff as a first response.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Does anyone know if there is a 27.5 downhill rim made with a 36 hole pattern?
I did a search but came up with nothing.
I checked a couple of bigger US distributors and there was nothing. Everything I saw in a DH level rim was 32h.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Is the OP stuck with a 36 hole hub? If so, is there a non-sketchy way to lace a 36 hub to a 32 rim?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
sell hub (I'm assuming it's nice since you want to keep it), buy complete wheel?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
If you don't mind running carbon rims Light-Bicycle and Nextie do 36 hole 27.5.
off topic, but do they make any rims that are not hookless?

i am just looking for regular run of the mill rimz, in carbonz, but without all that beadless/hookless/whatever the hell it is called crap.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
interesting.

so then, stupid ass question, can i run a regular run of the mill tire on a hookless rim? i really dont understand what the hell the difference does.

hoping to set it up as ghetto tubeless/tubless.

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
Yes you can, with or without a tube, all it really does is make carbon rims stronger and cheaper to make. There really is no need for a bead hook with modern tyres that conform to the correct bead diameter.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
awesome. thank you for your help.

so far, ive been finding good deals on wagon wheelsets.. i usually build all my own wheels, but i might just take the easy route and then possibly upgrade to LB carbon rims later.