Quantcast

Looking for a Road Bike

azonic-Ds1

Chimp
Jan 21, 2006
Well ill start off by saying that i am in dire need of a new road bike. i am thinking about getting a trek 2200 zr, a cannondale r something, or a scott speedster 20. I just want to know what every budy think of my choices and if they had anyother choices other than spec. I am looking at spending $1200-$1500. please let me know what you all think.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
get measured... buy a bike, any bike, that fits properly. Forget name brand, forget components... if it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
azonic-Ds1 said:
Well ill start off by saying that i am in dire need of a new road bike. i am thinking about getting a trek 2200 zr, a cannondale r something, or a scott speedster 20. I just want to know what every budy think of my choices and if they had anyother choices other than spec. I am looking at spending $1200-$1500. please let me know what you all think.
Hey, I've got a complete road bike parts kit if maybe you were interested in building up a frame, I'll include everything I've got up for sale on that page; shoes (if you're a size 11.5), wheels, everything for a grand since you're local...I think. Anywho, much nicer parts than you could find on a shop sold bike for $1-1500. Throw the extra 500 on a nice, used road frame. Maybe I'm being to optimistic here. But good luck with the decision bro and shoot me a PM if by some chance you are interested.
EDIT: I'm a shop wrench so I'd be more than happy to assemble it free of charge if you were interested.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148367

Peace bud,

Alex