Quantcast

Looking for a trail bike

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If you want a family style experience like you had with Morewood, you can't beat Steber's crew at Intense or Turner. Also, Transition since they work on ideas a lot with those groups as well.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
My intense is freakin rad. I've also ridden the nomad c and the jekyll. Nomad didn't feel as fun as snappy as my tracer 2- probably because the tracer 2 was in the shorter travel setting and the jekyll kind of felt like an overgrown xc bike.

That's all I got for input.

Stoney- don't feel bad. I just like to argue on teh internets and I'd already ridden 3 out of the 4 bikes I listed so I was cheatin :)

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Loving my Tracer2 more every ride. Super stiff and and rallies corners way better than my 2010 Reign X.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
was it the new Jekyll with the Fox pull shock?
yes. It was pretty "all mountain-ed" out- fox float 150, 70mm stem, XC-ish bars( which probably didn't help my opinion of it) light wheels, etc. Fun bike, but I felt like I was sitting up on top of an xc bike and the rear suspension ramped up real fast. It pedaled well, but not really what I was looking for as a trail bike I can feel comfortable railing down steep stuff.