Quantcast

looking for a unique color

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i am definitly getting my bike powdercoated, and want to go with something unique (see: not black). i think i would like to keep the rear triangle black though.

i attached a pic of the current colors (dont mind the promax brakes or lack of chainguide, hopes are now on the rear and a cg is on as well)
after seeing the thread of the pastel bianchi blue green DOC i think it might be cool to have that color w/ a black rear triangle. not sure if i got the skillz to rock it though :p

what would you suggest? white is nice too, but common. i want something unique. the place i would get it powdercoated has almost any color.it will get black azonic decals (same as ones on there, just black instead of white)

Attachments

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i like the idea of brown. my bmx bike is brown so they would match!! oh how awesome!. maybe brown with white or yellow decals and a black or maybe even white rear end.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
How about that pearlescent white that they do Cadillac Esaclades in? Or the new Corvette yellow? Black cherry (Scion color)? If your Scottish, get it done in your family tartan - that would be cool! Brown with yellow stickers would look alright though. Ask at your local auto body shop, maybe they can do a good respray for cheeep.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
brown would bee sweet, though i think purple would be cool too
just remember the link for the shock is anodized not painted
looks nice!! good to see the old bike running!! i still have to get the scab together all the way, waiting on a chainring

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I think an extremely dark green that almost blends in with the black rear triangle, with just a hint of flake in both, would look good on that frame.

I would suggest powdercoating the front fork the same dark green (lowers and arch).

You can powdercoat over anodizing, just blast it with media beforehand.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Pink would be cool-not too many pink bikes. black/green like RM. Yellow would look good with the black and the writing on maxxis tires would match. or mango yellow.

An orange main coat, then red and yellow blends would be awsome.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Tan...

you never see tan bicycles.

and i agree with getting your "Front" (instead of rear?) fork sprayed the same color.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
monkeyboy424 said:
Tan...

you never see tan bicycles.

and i agree with getting your "Front" (instead of rear?) fork sprayed the same color.
I <3 sarcasm; only now do I truely understand why a lot of us are beginning to dislike this board... You've got to be a total jackass to "correct" somebody over something ridiculous like that. This board is becoming overrun with post-happy twelve year olds (assumption) with no common sense. It starts to get frustrating after a while when every few posts I have to /ignore yet another one.

Where are all the idiots coming from!? :nopity:

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
A bicycle is usually in the neighborhood of $150-$275 when powdercoating, and they should be able to strip it for you for that price.