Quantcast

Looking for a used short travel fork

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
It's almost 5am and I can't sleep because I'm so excited about adding an 8th bike to my stable.
I have an older Giant Iguana aluminum hardtail that I got for $75 bucks and my plan is to build it into a cheap commuter singlespeed that I can run down to the store to pikc up some sparks/beer/condoms/decline whatever and not care too much if if gets stolen, although it will always be locked up.

I'm after something like a older Rockshock SID, Psylo, Judy, Marzocchi MX MZ AM or whatever. But it has to have V-brake mounts and be cheap.

I've got a bunch of really cool parts that were free and I think it would be cool to have a nice riding, good looking, cheap commuter.

If you have anything available let me know.

The goal is to build something about like this:

-Kevin

Last edited:

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
It's almost 5am and I can't sleep because I'm so excited about adding an 8th bike to my stable.
I have an older Giant Iguana aluminum hardtail that I got for $75 bucks and my plan is to build it into a cheap commuter singlespeed that I can run down to the store to pikc up some sparks/beer/condoms/decline whatever and not care too much if if gets stolen, although it will always be locked up.

I'm after something like a older Rockshock SID, Psylo, Judy, Marzocchi MX MZ AM or whatever. But it has to have V-brake mounts and be cheap.

I've got a bunch of really cool parts that were free and I think it would be cool to have a nice riding, good looking, cheap commuter.

If you have anything available let me know.

The goal is to build something about like this:

-Kevin
I've got a 07 dirt jump 3... she's got lots of cosmetic damage though. but no scratches on stanchions(sp?)

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
'07 DJ... I'm pretty sure those didn't have v-brake mounts. I'm not going to be running discs on this bike. I have a nice set of Bontrager Superstock non-disc wheels, XT V-brakes and LX levers that were free so I want to try and use those.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Thanks guys. Geo hooked me up with a pretty sweet Rockshock Psylo. Which keeps with the RS forks on all my bikes(minus the Maverick, which is still a Mr.Turner suspension product).