Quantcast

Looking for attractive young women to ride

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Don't feel bad... I don't do tricks when I ride unless I'm at Whistler, and even then, they're not great. I ride just because it's fun to go down the trail. Keep pushing yourself, and before you know it, you'll be pushing others too. Have fun witht the urban, I'm pretty sure that there are some guys that regularly do urban on the UW campus, and would love to show an aspiring rider around, especially a girl. If you're ever in Bellingham though, PM me for a ride.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
you will progress alot quicker if you ride with riders that are better than you. And who said that impressing people is a reason to ride????

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I'm having trouble trying to get a girl I'm seeing out on the trails with me. She says that she's too slow and will just hold me back. I say that I'd enjoy her company and we don't need to go to a trail full of cliff drops and monster doubles. She goes xc trail riding with her friends but I can't get her interested in going to Syncline or maybe riding up and doing a loop at Post Canyon.

Some friends and I are talking about driving down to Falls City. From the photos and videos I've seen that place looks fun. Anyone else up for a road trip down here?
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
shocktower said:
Wheres fall city ,I`am in rehab for my knee so I can`t really do any climbing but shuttle I can :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ,Dam I need to ride :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
It's somewhere east of Salem. I've never been there, I hear you have to push or ride up. :mumble:
Might not be a good ride for you.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
girlwhoboards said:
...being a good person, helping out, seizing life, having fun/good friends around me, etc, is something that makes me thrive so yea when i find him (my new best friend that i share intimacy and my life with) I'll find him...until then i ride, work, live...do all the things that i love to do and just as importantly try to build relationships/communities and bring inspiration to others. ok, i gots to get back to work. but it's beautiful outside...hope you all get a chance to find joy in the sun today :).
-Kim
Amen Sister! I actually just read this thread for kicks and giggles, because I have nothing better to do until I have my brand spankin' new bike to go out and ride - 5 more days until payday! (It's actually not so sad, because I was still snowboarding today; God I love Canada!). I'm sorry to step in on the dialogue (not sure about the etiquette on here - just found the site so I'm new to the whole thing) but I just wanted to say as a fellow rider chick that isn't afraid to break a nail or get dirty it's always nice to meet more - even though I know there are heaps of us out there! I too love riding with the boys (same goes for up here though, they aren't that easy to meet. At least ones that are compatible riding buddies AND still single he he), but some of my best days have been with the girls. With an attitude like yours though, it's only a matter of time until some sweetheart swipes you up, but in the meantime you're absolutely right - keep riding and having fun and loving life! P.S. Any Canadian riders here from EAST of Whistler?;) I'd love to meet more people in the Canmore area to ride with. Hey, maybe I should start a new thread titled "Looking for attractive young men to ride.... with in Canmore." Or not. Hey it must work somewhat, Kim and I both (among others, I'm sure) took the bait. Just joking, I actually thought it was pretty funny.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
mtnluvn said:
P.S. Any Canadian riders here from EAST of Whistler?;)
Just realized that was a pretty dumb thing to ask, seeing as I was in the PNW community - dumba** that I am;) I guess that's the closest thing to me though, seeing as there isn't an Eastern Slopes/Rocky Mountains one.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
mtnluvn said:
Just realized that was a pretty dumb thing to ask, seeing as I was in the PNW community - dumba** that I am;)
I'm sure you would have no trouble finding men on this forum willing crash on your floor, for a chance to ride you.
Oops I meant Whistler, hehehe.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
SuperSlow said:
hard to meet guys? Jeez look at all the leg humpers in here....... you need to apply yourself :)
Hard to meet guys, no. Hard to meet guys that are good for more than just a fun day of riding, yes :D (feel free to interpret that in any way that you wish, but mean riding a bike or board he he). Mind you, is there anything more important that a fun day of riding with good company anyways? Not so sure that there is ...

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but is anyone else out there just looking for a bike ride? Sure, it'd be sweet to meet a great girl for trail riding, and maybe even a relationship, but sometimes I feel like one of the only guys out there who, how shall I put it, isn't primarily focused on sex. It makes me sad to notice that the overall flavor of freeriding/downhilling bikers is that of the rock star. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing, so I don't want to be jumped all over by those who like portraying that image, it's just not me, and I don't like getting labeled as such just because most bikers seem to be way. Not all bikers, just most that I know or have met.
So if there are any girls that are looking for a ride on bikes only...

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
erikkellison said:
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but is anyone else out there just looking for a bike ride? Sure, it'd be sweet to meet a great girl for trail riding, and maybe even a relationship, but sometimes I feel like one of the only guys out there who, how shall I put it, isn't primarily focused on sex. It makes me sad to notice that the overall flavor of freeriding/downhilling bikers is that of the rock star. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing, so I don't want to be jumped all over by those who like portraying that image, it's just not me, and I don't like getting labeled as such just because most bikers seem to be way. Not all bikers, just most that I know or have met.
true that lookin for the same thing here

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
erikkellison said:
Actually Eric, that's exactly what I'm looking for too. I was just being a smarta**. Sometimes the sarcastic tone is lost in non-verbal communication:). But that said, noting the title of this particular thread surely you couldn't have expected anything different he he. However my original post to girlwhoboards was sincere. Problem for me is, because I'm a dummy (you can take the girl out of the blonde but you can't take the blonde out of the girl) I posted here without thinking which forum I was in and I don't even live in the PNW - how's that for flaky? Therefore, I'm not likely to actually meet anyone to ride with so I might as well have some fun on the forum - at least until it's time to go for a ride;). Better here than in a thread that is more obviously riding related (even though I'm sure that's what Super intended when he started it, didn't you Super?), where I do stick to the business at hand :D

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
girlwhoboards said:
Where did this girl come from...ahhhh...canada! you know canadian girls and boys have a reputation...of being super cool and hard riders that is so welcome and thanks for the support as you rock girl :).
No worries, my friend. In my opinion, more women need to support each other rather than compete and try and knock each other down. I'm lucky to have some great, strong women in my life, but I've also known my share of catty ones too. I don't get it... Chicks rule and we can only make each other stronger and better with support and friendship. Especially when the guys wank out on us. Just joking fellas! We love you just as much. Life would not be same without you :heart: And Kim is absolutely right, if it weren't for riding with you and having to keep up to avoid having to ride alone, we wouldn't push our limits and get to be as good. Not to say that there aren't some kick a** women riders out there, there are for sure! I've just never ridden (is that a word?)/rode with any of them...
Thanks for the Canadian compliment, by the way (man, is the propaganda ever working;)). Just joking! Yeah, Canada rocks, but there's a helluva lot of the States that I love almost as much!
girlwhoboards said:
...but riding bike/boards is now (and pounce the mountain for me girl since you have snow and I don't) and i will hit it with any bud...girl or guy, young or old, single or taken, just as long as you're cool...in the sense of being nice, having passion/drive and supportive to the sport/community.
It's all about the NOW. Ahhh, snow. NOW the snowboarding season is over and NOW I'm ready to get out on the trails. Yesterday was the last day of riding snow (unless we want to hike - still tonnes up there). Not that great of a season up here, but we still have snow so I shouldn't complain:) Regardless, it's warm and sunny and time to bring on the summer!
girlwhoboards said:
... But either way, I'll ride with you along with most peeps from the PNW as we love your canadian terrain :).
Anytime! I've actually been considering a move out to the coast in the fall, but if you're ever in my neighborhood feel free to drop in. Oh too many places to ride and not enough time. Damn having responsibilities and having to work! Whose dumb idea was it to make us work 5 days and only have 2 off? We all need to find a job where I can work fewer days but make more money...
Kay, enough flowery girl power stuff. Women rule, we all know it. Even the boys know it. 'Nuff said. So opinion time - should I get the sexy olive green Kona Cinder Cone or spend the few extra bucks on the even sexier metallic blue Caldera that comes complete with Marzocchi Pro fork and Deore/XT derailers? There, a little tech talk is sure to wake the boys up after all the boring girl talk:D

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I can't imagine a trail rider settling for a Cinder Cone, but then again, I wouldn't want to ride a Caldera either. Everything seems decent, actually, about the Caldera, except the fork. If you can find that bike with a better fork, do it. Everything else seems good about the Caldera though.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
erikkellison said:
I can't imagine a trail rider settling for a Cinder Cone, but then again, I wouldn't want to ride a Caldera either. Everything seems decent, actually, about the Caldera, except the fork. If you can find that bike with a better fork, do it. Everything else seems good about the Caldera though.
Unfortunately, money is a major limiting factor for me right now, and the 2 Konas are the best setup for the price. So for the next season or two I'll be riding a unit that fits my price range moreso than my riding. Better to have a lesser bike than no bike at all. Besides, it's going to take a season to get my mojo back because I've been out of summer riding for a while so I think either one will be sufficient for my ability until I can afford to fork out the bucks. Thanks for the dis, though - my bike is going to have "poser" written all over it :thumb: (Just joking. I don't really care what other people think:)). I thought the Caldera had a pretty good fork? At least it's not a Judy;) lol.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Well, the only upgrades I think you'll notice on the Caldera are the fork and the rear derailleur. That being said, maybe those two items in exchange for $150 isn't worth it. You probably won't tell a difference in the derailleur until it starts to get worn. The fork, well, neither is good. You migh be better served getting a Cinder Cone and selling the fork on ebaY and buying one off of the classifieds here. A used marathon XC might fit your needs. If you were able to sell the new EXR Pro for $125 off your bike, and take that $150 that you saved and put it toward a Marathon, you'd probably only have to shell out $200 more maximum (more hopefully $100) for the upgrade to a Marathon XC.
I might be guilty of fork damping snobbery.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Thanks for the input. Seriously. I've been out of riding and the "tech" scene long enough that a lot has changed, so I'm entirely putting my trust in my shop:) But it's always great to have another perspective, and though I do know the shimano stuff, pretty much everything else is french to me right now. For the level that I'll be riding at for at least the first little while, I doubt I would notice much of a difference between the Cone and Caldera, and I'd already as much as decided that the extra money for the slight difference in performance (if detectable at all by moi) wouldn't be worth it. Besides, the frame is exactly the same, so I can always upgrade componants as I need to. BTW, there is nothing wrong with being a bit of a gear snob - I'm guilty of it too, but with my boarding stuff;) I just don't know the bike stuff well enough to be, nor to I have the money to walk the walk. Give me time:D.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
llkoolkeg said:
... he can draw a "shy" girl out of her shell by simply asking her what she's into, probing her responses and then giving her half an opportunity to elaborate before boastfully ejecting his own
that is really all you have to do, worked for me!

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
LL & MB, I'm confused about the above comments...

Mtluvn, I wasn't going to suggest that you veer away from your shop and/or Kona, but there are cheaper ways to get a bike if money is a problem.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
erikkellison said:
LL & MB, I'm confused about the above comments...

Mtluvn, I wasn't going to suggest that you veer away from your shop and/or Kona, but there are cheaper ways to get a bike if money is a problem.
I'm always open to suggestions - as long as they don't involve buying something off the back of a pickup with the serial numbers all scratched out;). I had actually thought about looking into something used. An old friend of mine used to work at a shop so he knew some pro women that always sold their rides at the end of each season. But truthfully, a high end bike like that for me right now wouldn't be worth it. Better to ride like a poser on a poser bike than on one that deserves a lot more respect;) Plus there's something about getting a brand new bike dirty for the first time - like a christening of sorts.... can't do that with a previously loved one....