Quantcast

Looking for dirt jumps (Charlotte area)

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
does anyone out there know of good (dirt jumping, downhill ...basically fun freeride session spots etc) throughout NC but particularly in the Raleigh and or Charlotte areas?...I'm going to be spending a lot of my summer weekends among those locations.

Thanks in advance!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
alright, mr. dan. In charlotte, you have Riverfront park(soon to be plowed for a water park), which has a DS course and a somewhat-but-fun DH course. Then you have Beach Springs, which is off of poplar tent rd. and I-85. It has some N.shore-ish stuff and a great trail system with a lot of random things scattered all around. As for raleigh, not too sure, but Chapel hill is close and has some good stuff in a forest behind some schools.(sewell elementary, I think.)

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
well well well...motomike with all the info - i'll get more details from you next time I see you at "the zone"...

...oh yea, the reason you finally finished off your tube is due to that crazy pic-nic table session you were pullin' off the other evening...pretty sure you stressed both tubes on that first attempt to clip it...I mean clear it :D ...just playin' man, you've got mad skills!

...and if " george " is out there - :nope: pic-nic table!

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
motomike & another dude named chase were clearing it as well as front wheel endo skids (which i've never witnessed before) front to rear wheel taps, manuals and the like....this other dude "george" ...well he has a style all his own - hurts me to watch him, but he's got a style for sure :eek: ...he seriously has heart so I give him respect!

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
As for the Raleigh area; The stuff at Chapel Hill is cool, especialy the dirt jumps. They have been building new stunts and elevated bridgework. Mucho miles of XC.

The best Public site is Legend Park in Clayton. Good elevated stunts, some really nice flow stuff and a huge quarry wall they call Hucksville.

There is now good drops and stunts at Atlantic ave trails in Raleigh and the trails at Regency Park in Cary.

Tar River is a private trail system 30 miles north of Raleigh. There are three seperate trails with jumps and stunts and the "Playground". A dozen built stunts with skybridges, drops and jumps that can all be ridden as continuous loops