Quantcast

Looking for Halogen bulbs for bike light.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have an old Cyglolite dual 10w (6volt) system. I converted my old RC car packs to run them but in the 8 or so years of storage one of the bulbs is burnt out (does not work)

Where do I get replacements. I tried to find Cyglolite on the internet and found nothing for a home page. I found some European site that sold the bulb for about $10.XX british pounds. Anyone have their website, do they have one?

Any place to buy replacement bulbs (with reflector) in the states?

Rhino

PS- one is a spot and the other a flood....don't remember wich one burnt out. :think:

J

JRB

Turbo cat will set you some. That said, PM me an email and I will see what I have at home. I have some extras, but don't know what all. Niterider has a reflector, but Turbo cat does not.

splat

Nam I am
Wumpus that isa great site !

I have some of those 5 Watt 6 Volt MR11 and they are great for a backup light , small , can run a long time on a small battery pack, and works !!! I've done entire rides using them before !

BTW : you know what MR11 stands for ? how it relates to MR8's and MR16's ?

J

JRB

splat said:
BTW : you know what MR11 stands for ? how it relates to MR8's and MR16's ?
I think it is just the bulb type and size. Cheap bulbs aren't very clear. That is the only true thing I know.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
splat said:
Rhino , what type of Bulb it is ? a Bayonet or one with a Built in reflector ( if so what size ) I have lots of Bulbs of various sizes
Hmmm not sure the exact number....I will have to check tonight.

All I remember are they are sealed in their own reflector (built in reflector?) It has 10W and 6V on the back with 2 wires sticking out to plug into the wiring harness.

The bulbs face/front is not much bigger than a quarter or a half dollar maybe. I guess I assumed the size of the shells were kinda standardized. :think:

J

JRB

If it's the rover, I pulled one apart at the shop and they are MR11 bulbs. Look at the reflector. Tight waffle is spot, more open is flood.