Quantcast

Looking for job

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Hey everyone. I'm thinking about getting out of the restaurant job that I'm currently in and taking night classes at college instead of school during the day and working nights. Right now I'm just looking around, seeing what's out there, but would like to make a shift out of the restaurant. As some of you remember, I posted a thread a couple weeks ago about starting a mobile repair biz and I think I need to work in a shop for a while as some of you recommended and gain a little more experience dealing with customers in the business. Just thought I'd throw up a post, I know a few of you work in shops, etc., looking to see what's out there pretty close to Lynnwood, I'd like to not have to travel too far, but we'll see. Thanks!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
what kinda shop you lookn for?

like just any shop, or one that focuses in a specific area? (I.E. XC, road, DH, FR)

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Well, I'm a FR/DH rider myself, but it doesn't really matter, I can't be too picky. Getting some experience with wrenches in hand is what I need. I've done my own work for years, but I need to have some in-shop experience to further my abilities. Plus, I think it would be a super fun job. Right now my job sucks, I really hate it.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
check out REI, i think the alderwood store is looking for techs. you would be working on skis and bikes in the winter and bikes in the summer. and its a great company to work for, not to mention good deals and people.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
^^ dude i was gonna pick up an application there last weekend. maybe ill go in this weekend no that ill have two functioning hands. any age limitations? ie do you have to be 18 to work there? im 17. . .

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
^^ dude i was gonna pick up an application there last weekend. maybe ill go in this weekend no that ill have two functioning hands. any age limitations? ie do you have to be 18 to work there? im 17. . .
no worrys on the age thing, i started at 16 (18 now) and have been there since. ya as long as you have a few basic skills in the shop they will take care of the rest. i don't know how they do it at alderwood but my store (tukwila) hires around september and march, but if you have the skills and they need people they will pick you up. also even if you cant get a job in the shop its a great place to work, I work in the shop and on the floor and i love both. let me know if you got any questions.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
no worrys on the age thing, i started at 16 (18 now) and have been there since. ya as long as you have a few basic skills in the shop they will take care of the rest. i don't know how they do it at alderwood but my store (tukwila) hires around september and march, but if you have the skills and they need people they will pick you up. also even if you cant get a job in the shop its a great place to work, I work in the shop and on the floor and i love both. let me know if you got any questions.

aight sweet, and yea i have the skills to fix a bike/snowboards, dont know about skis though. . . . . i can figure it pretty quickly