Quantcast

Looking for N* north shore drop pics...

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
Anyone have any pics of the north shore drop at the top of the first chairl lift? The one with the off camber landing? I was trying to tell a friend about this drop, and a pic would help tons! Thanx!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Bobby Peru said:
Anyone have any pics of the north shore drop at the top of the first chairl lift? The one with the off camber landing? I was trying to tell a friend about this drop, and a pic would help tons! Thanx!
Ok, where are these at? Did I miss something in the last two seasons? North Shore drops? Was there a super secret trail with North Shore drops that I never was never privvy to?

Hell, I practically rode there almost every weekend. I must have missed them. :D

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
J_B said:
Ok, where are these at? Did I miss something in the last two seasons? North Shore drops? Was there a super secret trail with North Shore drops that I never was never privvy to?

Hell, I practically rode there almost every weekend. I must have missed them. :D
There is/was a drop right near the top of the first chairlift that you got off going up the mountain. It was a wood drop built right above an off camber landing. Not too big but kinda cool because when you landed, you were not horizontal with the drop. Maybe a 5 or 6 foot drop. It was just kinda cool bacause of the landing. The landing was at an angle.

The picture shows it, (in the link above) it just doesn't look as bad as it was because of the angle of the shot. Look, it was nothing too gnarly but still a cool drop. There was only one way to get to that drop, and it took me a while to find just how to get there. Once I did find it, I was goated into doing it because these two kids showed me where it was and they did it so I was obligated to do it as well.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Bobby Peru said:
There is/was a drop right near the top of the first chairlift that you got off going up the mountain. It was a wood drop built right above an off camber landing. Not too big but kinda cool because when you landed, you were not horizontal with the drop. Maybe a 5 or 6 foot drop. It was just kinda cool bacause of the landing. The landing was at an angle.

The picture shows it, (in the link above) it just doesn't look as bad as it was because of the angle of the shot. Look, it was nothing too gnarly but still a cool drop. There was only one way to get to that drop, and it took me a while to find just how to get there. Once I did find it, I was goated into doing it because these two kids showed me where it was and they did it so I was obligated to do it as well.
I remember where it was at. Not a bad drop at all. Relax, just giving ya a hard time. :thumb:

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Bobby Peru said:
Not too big but kinda cool because when you landed, you were not horizontal with the drop. Maybe a 5 or 6 foot drop. It was just kinda cool bacause of the landing.
Fun drop, but it's like 3 feet to the landing, unless you're thinking how far it is to where you actually touch down depending on your speed...
I've got a big thread of pics of my friends and I at N* one weekendif you're still in want of some:

Quality is pretty bad, but you can make out what's going on...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=127720&highlight=northstar

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
matt12 said:
Fun drop, but it's like 3 feet to the landing, unless you're thinking how far it is to where you actually touch down depending on your speed...
I've got a big thread of pics of my friends and I at N* one weekendif you're still in want of some:

Quality is pretty bad, but you can make out what's going on...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=127720&highlight=northstar

This shows it very well...thanx so much!