Quantcast

Looking for opinions on the Marzocchi D-Street 24 DJ fork

Kayla0794

Chimp
Oct 11, 2001
New Jersey, USA
I recently picked up a Brooklyn Park bike with 24" wheels which I plan to use for 95% street. Now I'm thinking of getting a Marzocchi D-Street 24 DJ fork to complete the setup. Just wondering if anyone out there has this fork and what they think of it before I go out and buy one. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pics of your rides would also be a great help. Thanks, Rob

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Its wayyyyy to heavy man, get something of the same travel but not the d street it weights more than your frame

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Ive got it. I think my cruiser weighs 40lbs now. This monster has STEEL lowers (yes, stanchions AND lowers). I think it needs that beef to stay rigid under load. It performs like a DJ, but if you don't need to peg grind, just get a 110mm DJ. The park bike has the geometry to accomodate a 4-5 inch travel fork, so no worries there. You could also just order the trick concentric axle from Marzocchi and put it on a DJ (Its just a hollow 20mm with a 14mm that slides into it). The street helped me out because I threw it on a cruiser designed for a rigid fork, an it kept the front lower.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
kicknitLivE said:
Ive got it. I think my cruiser weighs 40lbs now. This monster has STEEL lowers (yes, stanchions AND lowers). I think it needs that beef to stay rigid under load. It performs like a DJ, but if you don't need to peg grind, just get a 110mm DJ. The park bike has the geometry to accomodate a 4-5 inch travel fork, so no worries there. You could also just order the trick concentric axle from Marzocchi and put it on a DJ (Its just a hollow 20mm with a 14mm that slides into it). The street helped me out because I threw it on a cruiser designed for a rigid fork, an it kept the front lower.

I agree, get the DJ instead, the Street is a great fork, and there are a lot of frames that can be upgraded by putting the street on it. However I don't think the park bike is one of them.

A Friend of mine rides a Park bike, and the Geometry is STEEP. He runs it with a 5" fork, and it still rides A LOT like a BMX bike. The HA feels like its around 71 with a 5" fork. Throwing an 80mm fork on that frame would make it handle too quick for my of personal preference. However if you want to run it that way, go for it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
No bikes are gay. Only colour schemes and some riders.

Anyway, I like the older DJs pre beefing up (03 was it? It seems so long ago already). For a park bike a DJ3 pumped to 10psi with a 90mm travel kit seems pretty perfect to me.