Quantcast

looking for some car advice

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Get the commuter. Sell the 4-Runner.

Rent a 4x4 when you want to offroad. The money you save on payments and gas will buy alot of rentals.

And with two kids, you won't have time to 4x4, so you'll have even *more* money. :p

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
syadasti said:
I think you are talking about the old one. As Mike and I pointed out there is a new version. The new version is much bigger than the old one - 14 inches longer. It can comfortably carry 5 adults and 2 kids with three row seating or 73 cu ft of cargo if you fold the back two rows down (matrix has 53, xterra 65.7, 4runner has 75). It can easily embarrass the Matrix as far as performance goes and it also has a 2 foot tighter turning radius. It weighs about 3500 lbs which is the same as an average sedan, so its not too big to be fun to drive.
Once again, he won't let it die..

Yes, I know about the new Ravs... thanks - it's not an option.

J

JRB

I would get a Nissan. I would even have my wife quit her job to do so. Their service kicks ass.

J

JRB

N8 said:
That's almost as bad as telling a guy to buy a Satern Vue...

:rofl:
I may buy a used one of those on the cheap late in the year. Several years old with super low miles.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
N8 said:
That's almost as bad as telling a guy to buy a Satern Vue...

:rofl:
*bzzt* Thanks for playing, but try again. Last car I bought was a used 2L Mazda 6 from Wellington Mazda. Nothing wrong with a Vue with a Honda J35 engine, tranny, and ECU though...

Can you spot the three monkeys in this photo?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
jacksonpt said:
It's too small to be a people/gear hauler, but too big to be a fun-to-drive vehicle.
Those were my thoughts exactly. I wanted to like it even though my wife would be the one driving it but it just wasn't happening for me.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mike B. said:
Those were my thoughts exactly. I wanted to like it even though my wife would be the one driving it but it just wasn't happening for me.
Give it a manual tranny and there would be hope for it.