Quantcast

Looking for some with a big 4wd to scout ORV tarils for DH trail in Uwharrie

dirtyjungle

Chimp
Jun 22, 2011
Charlotte
I am looking for someone or some people with 4wd trucks to go scout out the ORV trails in the Uhwarries for some DH tracks. I have been looking at all the pic's that I can find I think there might be some useable trails out there. Some of the hill climbs spots look like they would work. I have a truck but nothing that would make it out there.

Here's what I got I live about 10 mins from the uwharries I will give you 20 bucks for gas for your drive down here then I will pay for gas to while on the trails scouting. Bring you DH rig I am sure there is some good stuff.

I would like to do this over thanksgiving I am off Tuesday through Sunday PLEASE help me out.

PM to set something up if you can't do it over thanksgiving we can plan another time.

Last edited:

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
doesn't look like much good elevation loss... it might be rocky but not too fast ... take a trail bike out there

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
I've taken a trail bike out there and had a really good time. You can connect the ORV trail with some of the horse trails for good rides. I remember the Daniel Trail having a steep and gnar rock garden that was sweet

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The ORV section has some fun rock stuff, but not a lot of elevation. Take a look at the area using Google earth and you will find there is some good elevation loss in the existing MTB trail area, but the trails currently do not make much use of them. Given the recent main trail renovation maybe the next step will be to utilize the elevation and the rock gardens that are out there...

I bet if you do some searching in this thread you can find some good scouting information that has already been done.

Good luck

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
There was a near 6 minute run from the top of an ORV trail out there that we ran a DH on. It was a freaking blast and more of what would be a modern Super D. I'd pay money and travel to do that run again. Jerry Hayes won it on a massive M1. It had about a 40 second climb up graded rollers. We had a hissy fit for a minute b/c it was sold as a "DH". But label it a Super D, and it'd be legit!

And we had a shuttle gravel road up to the very top of it. It took a while to get to, but it was direct.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I thought there would be more people up for this.
FYI...when you start building DH stuff or scouting it, be encourage and motivated by your own love for it. It will take a long time to bring others over to your way of thinking. But when you do, it will be worth it.

Don't give up just b/c the internet doesn't respond.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
once I get my 4runner working again it would do the trick just fine, just a little pesky blown head gasket problem.