Quantcast

Looking for somewhere to ride this weekend....

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I rode there a couple months ago. I'ts a beautiful place, but don't expect any air time. It's mostly twisty singletrack with roots at the top with one or two baby drops, and then nice singletrack towards the bottom. I did it in the rain, which added a degree of difficulty at the speeds we were attempting, but I'd like to try it dry this year.

...that last sentence sounds weird on it's own...

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
That actually sounds like a lot of fun, I can always go to to SST for the drops. Would it kill me if I brought the big bike, or better to just ride the trail bike? I don't kind a bit of pedaling on the Demo as long as it's not extended uphill...

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Chuckanut is kind of fun, twisty singletrack, not too technical. On the downside it takes forever to shuttle it, (long, akward road up) the lower half of the trail is a dirt road, and there are not any jumps or stunts. Its probably not worth the drive if you'er coming up from the Seattle area. You may as well head up to North Vancouver if you're already in bham. You can shuttle Mt seymour or ride up Mt Fromme, both have awesome riding. Check out gutsploder.com for maps

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Monkeybidnezz said:
That actually sounds like a lot of fun, I can always go to to SST for the drops. Would it kill me if I brought the big bike, or better to just ride the trail bike? I don't kind a bit of pedaling on the Demo as long as it's not extended uphill...
If you plan on shuttling, bring the big bike. I rode my V-tach there, but then I ride it everywhere. If your not shuttling, you better bring the trail bike.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Hmm I might have to give it a shot. I must admit if you go that far it almost might be better to ride the shore(best riding imo) but it's always nice to try something different. Thanks for the input guys.