Quantcast

Lookout Mountain

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I'm looking for the elevation of Lookout Mountain, how many miles to the top, and the overall elevation gain in those miles.

Thanks

I can't find it on Google but I must not be looking too well.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think from columns to grave sign, it's 4.5 miles and 1600 feet.

You riding pavement or taking chimney gulch?

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
If you start down by Clear Creek and go up from there to the very top you can get about 7.5 miles of pure climbing (w/ a few traffic lights mixed in). But from the pillars is 4 miles and change. Record from pillars to Buffalo Bill's is 16:02. Check out this link and think very hard about how friggin' fast he was going to put up this kind of time. It must be the shaved legs... http://www.tomdanielson.com/pages/06/lookout.htm

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Dayum... I don't time myself often, but the best time (on a rdb) was just sub 25 min. Maybe if I lost 30 lbs and could still manage to sprint for 16 minutes...

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
We hosted that race. Tom honestly started out of the saddle, sprinting his ass off. It was ridiculous to watch.
He holds all these crazy climbing records but has yet to do anything of consequence in the pro-tour. I heard he's on Slipstream now but I'm not too up to date on my roadie gossip.