Quantcast

looks like a whole lot of Monkey Poo is gonna hit the east coast

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
So... my street is completely blocked off and there are a few fire trucks. It appears that a very large tree branch has fallen on one of the houses across the street just a few houses down.

That is one of the things that sucks about having so many large old trees on our street.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was going to the Ave to do some looting. Sadly it wasn't that bad out... I bought some chips and went home. People around here are so lame...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
they are officially screwed in NY
from various sources
NYU Medical lost generators nurses are doing manual ventilation on patients nand is evacuating patients. Bellevue asked EMS to bring as many M tanks as they can to the hospital 'cause they're running out of O2. Coney Island Hospital says they have a fire on the third floor, but it will soon be underwater so it's OK. two full city blocks are burning in Queens

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
WHOA. Definitely thinking of all you east cost monkeys. Stay safe everybody!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Long ways from NYC and other NE locales, but Sugar Mtn in western NC already has 7" of snow, with a lot moar on the way (total accumulation expected to be between 10"-16") and 60-80 mph winds at the mountain tops. Fuuuuuuu

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Long ways from NYC and other NE locales, but Sugar Mtn in western NC already has 7" of snow, with a lot moar on the way (total accumulation expected to be between 10"-16") and 60-80 mph winds at the mountain tops. Fuuuuuuu
Heard on NPR this morning that Sugar Mtn. will be open for skiing on Halloween!

NYC/LI is screwed. Bunkerchucks here works for a DPW on the north shore and said that he hasn't seen anything like this in the last 24 years.

Smalbany got nada except for my son's school being cancelled 2 days in a row and 1500+ people with power outages. I am the only one in the office - we preemptively cancelled work for main employees.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I can attest to NYC get dumped on. Three trees down, two crushed cars on my block. No flooding though. All bridges and tunnels are still closed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Teh Doc is alive and other wise okay as of about an hour a go.
:thumb:

Thanks for checking in on me. Hospital outside internet connection was down until half an hour ago. I was reduced to using my iPhone over the region's now-horribly-overtaxed 3G network. #firstworldproblems

I'm happy to report that my rental home is not among the 900k+ that have no power here on Long Island.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
So that happened. Still have power and no flooding in my small perch above surrounding A and B flood zones. Smells like diesel fuel, poo and gonorrhea from the overflowed Gowanus canal. Seeing the flooding and damage to places I see every day is astounding. That dangling crane building is half a block from my office window. The storm even blew all the snark out of my various social media teats. Unprecedented.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Anyone get anything cool while looting?
A Apple pie and a bottle of OJ. I decided to pay for it because I was sure the clerk could have caught me. My intent was to loot and I guess I failed. Let me qualify that. My community failed to band together and rape itself once again. This is why I hate them....