Quantcast

Looks like I will need a new display pretty soon

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Mine has been doing alot of wierd things lately, and today as I was sitting there I kept hearing *ting* and would see a horizontal line flash across the screen, then *ting* and another one somewhere else would flash. Over and over, then it seemed to reboot itself.

So I am thinking I want a flat panel, widescreen that is going to be work well for gaming. Any $500ish suggestions?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love my Dell 1905FP. It's not a widescreen, but they've got the 2005FPW version which is the 20" widescreen.

My Dell has no noticable ghosting (I've played a bunch of Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament on it), and it's nice and bright. The built-in USB hub is a nice touch, too, allows my cables to be a little less cluttered.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Tenchiro said:
Mine has been doing alot of wierd things lately, and today as I was sitting there I kept hearing *ting* and would see a horizontal line flash across the screen, then *ting* and another one somewhere else would flash. Over and over, then it seemed to reboot itself.

So I am thinking I want a flat panel, widescreen that is going to be work well for gaming. Any $500ish suggestions?

Have you tried reseting its password? I hear that helps.

That *ting* sound is probably it degaussing itself randomly. I'm guessing.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I am looking at a 20" Sceptre it has decent resolution and contrast ratio for less than $400

Display:

* Screen Size: 20.1" WSXGA+ TFT LCD
* Resolution: 1680 x 1050
* Pixel Pitch: 0.25mm
* Brightness: 300nit cd/m²
* Contrast Ratio: 800:1
* Output Color: 16.7 million colors
* Viewing Angle: 176° H/176° V
* Response time: 8ms

Input Connection:

* DVI 24-pin connector (480p, 720p and 1080i/1080p)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
My old dell 21" behemouth died that exact way. Next it will get all fuzzy and lose focus.

It's not degauassing, its like the tube fails for a second.

I love my new gateway (dear lord I can't believe I said that).
DVi, VGA, Composite, component, HDCP, full hd compatibility. A few hundred bucks cheaper then a cinema display, no backlight bleeding, accurate colors.