Quantcast

Looks like I'm getting a Blackberry.

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
I hate the holster thing.......but you essentially don't have a choice. I keep my phone in my pocket. But a BB Curve is too big.

I could wear it on a chain around my neck maybe......
I know that we do not hang out anymore since we no longer work together and I'm not allowed into Canada and we live 4000 miles apart, but if you get one of those holsters then we will never be friends again......

My phone is bigger than a curve (t-mobile wing) and I just shove it in my pocket. Gizmodo had this report today...

http://gizmodo.com/5075236/att-blackberry-bold-review-best-blackberry-yet

My old LG VX2000 finally died, after jumping in a pool with me, going through a full 'Super' wash cycle, countless impacts from biking or skating crashes, and a host of other typically fatal situations, and I just got a Curve and i'm super stoked with it, everything is super functional and easy, and the e-mail setup is killer!
internet browsing is just as fast as at home, but is limited by JavaScripts in many places i deem essential... but otherwise i'm stoked

one question i have though:
is there a way to type more than 160 characters in an SMS text? i'm used to hitting 2-3 pages per text on my old phone, but the blackberry doesnt allow this...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I know that we do not hang out anymore since we no longer work together and I'm not allowed into Canada and we live 4000 miles apart, but if you get one of those holsters then we will never be friends again......

My phone is bigger than a curve (t-mobile wing) and I just shove it in my pocket. Gizmodo had this report today...

http://gizmodo.com/5075236/att-blackberry-bold-review-best-blackberry-yet
Good enough for me....holster is out....scrotal implant it is!!!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I just got a Bold. Love it. Way better than my Curve. I've had 2 iPhones and a Nokia E71, and now I'm back to a Crackberry.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
after a day, the storm SUCKS!

I will have a better review in few days. If things don't get better I am going to get a curve.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Sigh.....while everything is of course under warranty, it's going to be a big riggamarole to get it replaced. I'm not authorized on the account (work phone), so it will all have to wait until everyone is back from holidays....So SIM card is back in my motorola flip phone........I feel so....common......

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
after a day, the storm SUCKS!
I could have told you that. Save yourself the misery and get the Curve now. I would recommend the Bold but you're obviously on Verizon who wont offer the Bold till...a later date.

Oh, and MMike, more likely than none, your company has an at&t business rep who would be able to assist with the warranty process immediately. PM me your company name if you want and I'll see if I can hook it up.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
So yeah I got my replacement blah blah. It's actually a refurb, not new.

So anyway, not to be outdone, my boss went out and replaced his old Pearl with a Storm. Word to the wise. Turns out that the Storm is not 3G and does not have Wifi. He's stuck with it now.,...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So yeah I got my replacement blah blah. It's actually a refurb, not new.

So anyway, not to be outdone, my boss went out and replaced his old Pearl with a Storm. Word to the wise. Turns out that the Storm is not 3G and does not have Wifi. He's stuck with it now.,...
uh, just because the phone is 3g doesn't mean the network is. Or there's some pretty blatant false advertising.

i'm on the fence about the storm. i've heard mixed bag. i want a big a$$ screen like it has, but prefer an physical keyboard. I'm leaning towards the HTC touch pro, unless someone puts out the google phone for verizon in the next 3-4 months. Any input/advice/recommendations?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Actually Verizon has the largest and oldest 3G network in America. All Verizon BB have been 3G since the 7250 which is over three years old...