Quantcast

Looks like my house sold!!!!!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm so stoked!!!!!! Basically got asking price for it:thumb: Hopefully all goes well with this transaction:D What a huge relief:thumb: It hit the MLS last Thursday and got an offer Monday evening, we countered Tuesday, they signed our counter offer yesterday:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Congrats! do you have a new place lined up?

"You sure like to renegotiate as you go along. Thats what we lawyers, I'm a Lawyer, call a counter offer"

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BigMike said:
Congrats! do you have a new place lined up?

"You sure like to renegotiate as you go along. Thats what we lawyers, I'm a Lawyer, call a counter offer"
Yep, we already bought a house, non contingent on the sale of ours:eek: We basically were pulling the equity out of our current house to buy the new house in hopes this one would move quick. So far everything is falling into place:thumb: We get the keys to our new place in a week & 1/2.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Brian HCM#1 said:
Yep, we already bought a house, non contingent on the sale of ours:eek: We basically were pulling the equity out of our current house to buy the new house in hopes this one would move quick. So far everything is falling into place:thumb: We get the keys to our new place in a week & 1/2.

Cool.... although I count a sale a sale until I see a check in my hand. I've seen too many deals fall through at the last minute. :(

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
N8 said:
Cool.... although I count a sale a sale until I see a check in my hand. I've seen too many deals fall through at the last minute. :(
I hear yeah, they still have to sign off on the inspection contingencies. It's a 35 day close, so it should happen fast. They already have been preapproved with their loan.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Congrats Brian,

We are going to try to pull the same thing very soon.
They just dug the footing for our new house on 5 wooded acres.
I hope we have the same luck that you did selling our house now.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Jeremy R said:
Congrats Brian,

We are going to try to pull the same thing very soon.
They just dug the footing for our new house on 5 wooded acres.
I hope we have the same luck that you did selling our house now.
Very very cool:thumb: How big a house?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Brian HCM#1 said:
Very very cool:thumb: How big a house?
Well, the house plans say it is 2400 square feet, but my wife insisted on me having a big bike room off the back, so it ended up being 2700, and it has a 3 car garage. So, needless to say, I am super nervous and excited at the same time.:D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
narlus said:
300 sq ft is a big bike room. is it heated? sweet!
Yeah, it is heated. I have a small bike room now, but it is not heated or ACed, so I basically would end up bringing my rigs in the living room for tuning. ;)
I was actually willing to do without the room to keep costs down and just use the garage, but my wife insisted.:heart:
We have always said that we only wanted to move once, and I keep having to remember that when we are picking out stuff.
The one good thing is that my brother in law is building the house, so it is easy to work with him and make changes along the way.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
talked you out? why, water table concerns? costs for excavation? not having a basement is a really foreign concept to me. it was weird when i was in ireland and had no basement or garage.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
narlus said:
talked you out? why, water table concerns? costs for excavation? not having a basement is a really foreign concept to me. it was weird when i was in ireland and had no basement or garage.
It had something to do with it being cheaper to build on a room, than have a big basement because of our lot. Our house also backs up to a creek as well, so we are just having a crawl space.
Its funny that you mention a garage. I always seem to buddy up with northerners who move down here, and they are always amazed how many nice houses do not have garages around here.
The Winters are alot different though.;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
kidwoo said:
DIRT JUMPS
We just cleared enough land off for our house and a small yard, and the rest is wooded.
I got the guy who cleared the land to make a pile of 10 to 12 inch wide trees cut 4 feet long, and the when the foundation is dug, they are setting aside a big pile of dirt for me.:D
I have already started working on regular trails up there.
I may never leave my property.:dancing:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Congrats to everyone on the house related moves. Sweet!
My home, I purchased recently, has an unmowed field beyond my back yard just waiting for dirt jumps.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jeremy R said:
We just cleared enough land off for our house and a small yard, and the rest is wooded.
I got the guy who cleared the land to make a pile of 10 to 12 inch wide trees cut 4 feet long, and the when the foundation is dug, they are setting aside a big pile of dirt for me.:D
I have already started working on regular trails up there.
I may never leave my property.:dancing:
Dirtjumps stand up better when flanked by trees for sure (mature ones at least).

I miss that ole east coast dirt.