Quantcast

Looks like San Antonio has some big plans...

J

JRB

I just found this plan in construction data.

1,000 acre development sports & entertainment complex - (Phase 1) NASCAR track, hotel, retail development, movie theatres, condominium towers on man made lakes and colorful plants & landscape elements at major highway exits - other parts to include water taxis, signature bridge, hotel, resort and offices, NFL Stadium (70,000 seating), Major League Baseball Stadium (48,000 seating), Rodeo Village (8,000 seating)

J

JRB

profro said:
I lived in San Antonio for awhile and I think they are thinking a little too big of themselves.
I thought that when the Spurs won the title and they abandoned the Alamodome for the SBC Center, or whatever it is. Hell - the rodeo isn't big enough to need 8,000 seats. I agree completely. Retama is dead, the games don't sell out until the playoffs, and Shamu is likely in stagnant water.

J

JRB

Heidi said:
Houses there are supposed to appreciate nicely in the near future.
I would think they already have, but I would hear of a killing in nice neighborhoods once a month on the news. The neighbor being killed in a domestic quarrel, or a suicide has to kill some value.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I guess they were trying to lure the New Orleans Saints to San Antonio, but part of the problem is that San Antonio does not have an NFL-caliber stadium. From what I hear, the Alamodome isn't up to NFL standards.

J

JRB

splat said:
:stupid:

they are building stadiums for MLB and NFL , when they don't even have teams ? isn't that putting the cart before the horse ?
I thought I had missed something, since I don't really watch team sports like those.

Babs is right - the Alamodome is not up to snuff.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I Are Baboon said:
I guess they were trying to lure the New Orleans Saints to San Antonio, but part of the problem is that San Antonio does not have an NFL-caliber stadium. From what I hear, the Alamodome isn't up to NFL standards.
they also dont have the water resources.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sorry, I just don't see SA being a market for a pro football or baseball team. You know I completely forgot that Sea World was out on 1604. I lived there for 2 years and the only time I went to Sea World was once when someone gave me free tickets for closing weekend. Lame.

Retama was fun if you bet small and left early.

SA has no personality. Its way too spread out and other than the River Walk the downtown is weak.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
Sorry, I just don't see SA being a market for a pro football or baseball team. You know I completely forgot that Sea World was out on 1604. I lived there for 2 years and the only time I went to Sea World was once when someone gave me free tickets for closing weekend. Lame.

Retama was fun if you bet small and left early.

SA has no personality. Its way too spread out and other than the River Walk the downtown is weak.

..uh, if Nashville can handle a pro football team, Im pretty sure SA can.

J

JRB

profro said:
<snip>

I think the river walk sucks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
Trust me. There is WAY more interest in football around here. :nopity:
Yeah, but you live in Knoxville. Nashville has what...vanderbilit?

Texas is football crazy.