Quantcast

Loooooong overdue ride report

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This is from our Cali road trip last summer.

We rode in Montana de Oro State Park one day in the way out to the Hearst Castle. I cant remember the trail we rode but it is the must ride trail in the park.

The trail starts out with a nice easy fire road climb & then about halfway up you hit a tough little singletrack climb the rest of the way up.

Laura climbing.

Trail on the way up. Onthe left side you can see the fog rolling in from the Pacific.

Another shot from the trail.

The beach from the top.

Tired bike near the top.

View of fore road, trail & beach.

Pure sweetness.

Once you top out you get to ride some smooth, fast DH. It was so bitchin'. After blasting down the single track without biting it once the last section was in clear view of the parking lot right when i went over the bars with a thud & a cloud of dust. So typical, but I never stopped smiling.

Some more trail side beauty.

Did I say it was dusty?

That night we hit up the San Luis Obispo Farmers Market * had some great Santa Mara style BBQ.

It was great trail & if you are ever in the area you should definitely try & ride it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
A little later on that trip I got to ride w/ TN and Laura in Santa Barbara on Romero trail. It was a great time, and they need to come back out here and do it again!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Thanks yall!

Loonatic- naw, we ended up tasting wine that night.

Zark- Damn straight. That was a bad ass trail even though big rocks frighten me. :twitch: I wish we took more photos on that ride.