Quantcast

Lopes the social media influencer

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I still have 2 slow reezay DH casing blings, 1 single ply slow reezay and (I think 3) maxxpro single plys left.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
If this thread is the last thing the internet delivers to humanity, it was all worth it.

I looked for my photo of a teenage me with a shirtless lopes at the 1993 Mt. Snow NORBA national, but only came up with one of me an H-ball. I assume Lopes snuck into my house and located his photo, and now uses that to pleasure himself.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
he dropped it into 2 years ago.
Was 2017 particularly red?

I mean.....it kinda looks like a tan line if it were anyone else. But that would involve wearing a........yeah, nevermind. There's no way it's that. No way in hell.

somebody must have dipped him into some sunscreen upside down holding him by the ankles. There really is no other option.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know how people always tell you to "just be yourself."
That is terrible advice if you are a natural born full fledged douche canoe.
Maybe try something like, "Put on a shirt and park between the lines. You will be 50 soon."
I'll bet ya a nickel he can't park a douche canoe either.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
lolololol...buddy here got the nickname SDC on a local forum Super Douche Canoe
@kidwoo will appreciate the fact that it's the dude in the snapped carbon bars vid. :D

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
??? the geometron is one of the best bikes out there. the few people i know that have them absolutely rave about them.
I guess it's not a fair statement. Just remember them feeling quite relevant at a time, and around 2010-2015 seemingly having lost their way (due to their selection of bikes).

Geometron and their recent lineup looks kinda interesting again.

This on the other hand...

What do they hope to gain from sponsoring Lopes? The former dh and 4x racing legacy? Weird.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nicolai hardtails were fav of mine... my 2mx, 65 degree head angle w/ 5" of travel in 2003... great bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I guess it's not a fair statement. Just remember them feeling quite relevant at a time, and around 2010-2015 seemingly having lost their way (due to their selection of bikes).

Geometron and their recent lineup looks kinda interesting again.

This on the other hand...

What do they hope to gain from sponsoring Lopes? The former dh and 4x racing legacy? Weird.
I mean yeah they definitely still have some insane-o shit in their lineup, they are still ze Germans.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The g13 is pretty mental, a 130mm trail bike with a 64.5 deg HA and 510 mm reach in large, with the shock in the high position it would probably work pretty well with 650b wheels too.
They even have sensible HT lengths so you can get away with running no spacers unlike some Norco and Spesh bikes that seem to need a stack plus a riser bar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The g13 is pretty mental, a 130mm trail bike with a 64.5 deg HA and 510 mm reach in large, with the shock in the high position it would probably work pretty well with 650b wheels too.
They even have sensible HT lengths so you can get away with running no spacers unlike some Norco and Spesh bikes that seem to need a stack plus a riser bar.
i can't remember which version @HAB has but i'm pretty sure he's running 27.5 wheels.