Quantcast

Lord Hill?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Dozens of times. Know the place like the back o' my... Horse use is pretty heavy. Main trails take a beating in the spring and if you have issues with some horse poo, well, don't bother coming out. Personally, I don't care. Hilly, not a lot of flat land and a great view from the top of an old volcano core. Several trails that are not on the map. Currently working on a new legal "wormy" bike trail there with the county. If you're a Northender, it's good. Could be a lot better. I like to top off a ride there with the good size water bars down the gas line that splits the place. Nothing like a little air and a smile to finish the ride.
Here's an unofficial webpage that should fill you in to more.
www.lordhillregionalpark.org

It's kinda hard to get to and out of the way. So, traffic is usually pretty light. Nettles are out now too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Borneo
Dozens of times. Know the place like the back o' my... Horse use is pretty heavy. Main trails take a beating in the spring and if you have issues with some horse poo, well, don't bother coming out. Personally, I don't care. Hilly, not a lot of flat land and a great view from the top of an old volcano core. Several trails that are not on the map. Currently working on a new legal "wormy" bike trail there with the county. If you're a Northender, it's good. Could be a lot better. I like to top off a ride there with the good size water bars down the gas line that splits the place. Nothing like a little air and a smile to finish the ride.
Here's an unofficial webpage that should fill you in to more.
www.lordhillregionalpark.org

It's kinda hard to get to and out of the way. So, traffic is usually pretty light. Nettles are out now too.
Thanks :) I think we'll head out there one night after work and check it out. We live in Shoreline and are looking for some place other than St. Ed's to hit after work.

Nice about the tip on the hourse poo ;)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Sure. There's not much poo. But, it's around. The trip down to the river is just like a long version of the trip to the lake at Eddies. Should be pretty dry right now too. It's a grunt getting back up and out though Keep your eyes out for trails to the side of the main lines. They are there but not always easy to find. Just end up at the clearing at the top near the end of the ride for the waterbars heading North on the gas line. Good fun.
Shoreline huh?
You guys need to be hitting the Gulch. Probably closer than Ed's and way more fun once you get it dialed. After that, there's Willows Fjords, Hamlin(IF you don't mind dog poo), Lee Forest for a quick spin, Heard there's some stuff by the soccer fields below Shoreline CC. Don't know how big it is though. Moving out farther, Armstrong, Victoria, and Pilchuck Tracts up North, Rieter Pit in Gold Bar, Cherry Valley out here. Was just out there this evening. Griffin Creek, Tokul West, Tokul-East, Tolt, Beaver lake/Section 36, and Snoqualmie Ridge. All closer than el tigre from Shoreline too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Sure. There's not much poo. But, it's around. The trip down to the river is just like a long version of the trip to the lake at Eddies. Should be pretty dry right now too. It's a grunt getting back up and out though Keep your eyes out for trails to the side of the main lines. They are there but not always easy to find. Just end up at the clearing at the top near the end of the ride for the waterbars heading North on the gas line. Good fun.
Shoreline huh?
You guys need to be hitting the Gulch. Probably closer than Ed's and way more fun once you get it dialed. After that, there's Willows Fjords, Hamlin(IF you don't mind dog poo), Lee Forest for a quick spin, Heard there's some stuff by the soccer fields below Shoreline CC. Don't know how big it is though. Moving out farther, Armstrong, Victoria, and Pilchuck Tracts up North, Rieter Pit in Gold Bar, Cherry Valley out here. Was just out there this evening. Griffin Creek, Tokul West, Tokul-East, Tolt, Beaver lake/Section 36, and Snoqualmie Ridge. All closer than el tigre from Shoreline too.
What's the Gulch? The name makes it sound challenging :) We have done the Tokul trails and Tolt. Haven't made it out to Cherry Valley, or Griffin Creak. We live about a mile from the cc. We just moved up north from W. Seattle. so we are not really sure were to hit for a quick afterwork ride.

Thanks for the list :)

TGM: I'm thinking about heading out there one night next week after work. I'll let you know the day and time.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Japanese Gulch. "Boeing", "The Gulch", etc. Just North of the Paine Field strip in Mukilteo.
Go to dirtworld.com/trails/wa or mtbr.com/trail/wa for more stuff. Yeah, there's juvinile postings there too. But, a general idea of what's available. I'd say, 14 miles total in there? Some dh, some jumps on the South side. Used to be a very cool truck teeter in there. Ballsy and, of course, long gone now. Too many details to write here. If you have specifics you want, PM me. Maybe I'll trade 'em for the location of Kevin's other trails out here. ;) Yeah, I'll bring a shovel.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Japanese Gulch. "Boeing", "The Gulch", etc. Just North of the Paine Field strip in Mukilteo.
Go to dirtworld.com/trails/wa or mtbr.com/trail/wa for more stuff. Yeah, there's juvinile postings there too. But, a general idea of what's available. I'd say, 14 miles total in there? Some dh, some jumps on the South side. Used to be a very cool truck teeter in there. Ballsy and, of course, long gone now. Too many details to write here. If you have specifics you want, PM me. Maybe I'll trade 'em for the location of Kevin's other trails out here. ;) Yeah, I'll bring a shovel.....
DOH! I was thinking you were being so nice to me cause you didn't know that I was with trailhacker :p

What is the deal with Cherry Valley? I'm looking for something techy, like Tape, but closer to home.

Don't tell anyone but he went out to Duval a couple of weeks ago and didn't do any trailwork!!! Oh, the horror!! :rolleyes:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Snacks, that was too obvious. I've been lurking here for a long, long time and that was easy to figure out.

CV is more like Tokul in that it's a mixture of horse trails, now being ridden by quads which either makes 'em better or worse depending on your perspective, old roads, some climbs and a side trip to a very cool 30' waterfall on Cherry Creek. Just one valley North of Stossel. Not much FR stuff but a really fun jump line dropping into the valley. Used to be owed by one guy, a local doctor, now DNR land. (Long story.)

If he's working in Mukilteo already, you need to really hit the gulch. Just riding around in there will keep you busy for quite awhile. It's another one of those places that has managed to keep a low profile despite the building starting back about 7 years ago. Like many places, the main builder asked not to share freely. But, heck, it's been this long... Again, scan through the postings on mtbr and Dirtworld for some history and info. Just skip through the BS postings.
Also, I may be out at LH next week doing some scouting for potential new, "legal" trails.