Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I never understood the need for public argument.

I have had my share of infighting, but at some point, if something really bothered me, I sent a private message telling the other person how I felt.

One thing we all have to recognize is that this is the internet, and I am much more prickly here than I am in real life.

I got into a huge argument with one RMer, and I was steaming. Funny enough though, he and I both went to the same event in Downieville, and my adversary realized who I was as he drove home.

We've been friends ever since, and we also have never had the same kind of vicious argument again.

I think people here need to relax. I have met several RMers, and all of them are very nice people.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I always liked LO, but I have to reserve judgment since I wasn't there. Maybe this will all blow over like so much of the drama around here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I approve of the fistula tag. May all your fistulas be aorto-enteric.

Also, it's just a forum. Having drama about it is teh dumb.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm not sure he feels the same. I got an email asking me to put a stick up your ass. :D

Not really.

Can you do me a favor and shake that stick around in there? I think I need to abort my Taco Bell baby. Please, for me, kill it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I miss Opie too.

He never once tried to shove Hope down my throat.

Bring back the Lord o' Pies!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
When will you people learn.

If you say something rude - Banned
If you say something about a mod - Banned
If you say something a mod dosen't agree with - Banned
If you insult a mod - Banned

---------------

What I don't understand is you have a guy that does alot for the mountain bike community, does a great job as a mod, and is an all around good guy. And you take mod rights away from him. Why, because he won't be a dick like the rest of you? AWESOME!

This place is trying so hard not to be pinkbike that its turning into a $hit hole!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I miss having LO around as well. I can kinda see why he did what he did. Once LO was tagged as "Mother Hen" he seemed to be getting dumped on quite a bit. Geez even old Loco got tired of "Loco Sucks" (of course he was banned too....). See ya around LO.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You guys are a bunch of ragged pussies.

LO, if you read this:

We're all glad you got booted. Dick.

:D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
When will you people learn.

If you say something rude - Banned
If you say something about a mod - Banned
If you say something a mod dosen't agree with - Banned
If you insult a mod - Banned
I would please like you to find an instance of a contributing member being banned without getting at least two warnings and typically several deleted posts and a probationary ban first... or, really, any instance of those rules where it wasn't extreme, repetitive and harassing.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I miss L'opie, we had some good debates and he gave me most of my rep. Now I'll never reach that Golden Banana.

But on a positive note, Dirt McG has taken his place as my internet entertainment.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I would please like you to find an instance of a contributing member being banned without getting at least two warnings and typically several deleted posts and a probationary ban first... or, really, any instance of those rules where it wasn't extreme, repetitive and harassing.
No sh1t.

Look at it this way - I've never been banned. Me.

If that's not a indication of extreme tolerance....

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Interesting - I've been banned, let me see if I can remember the comment.

"For being a general pain in the ass"

I didn't get one warning.

I guess you could make the argument that I'm not a contributing member!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

"For being a general pain in the ass"

I didn't get one warning.

I guess you could make the argument that I'm not a contributing member!
Well if you want to split hairs, that was a suspension, not a banning. And you've had a sandy vag ever since. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Shush you. Comin in here makin sense and all. One would think that you're the voice of reason around here or somethin.

Also, it's just a forum. Having drama about it is teh dumb.
:stupid:
yawn.

SSDD
:stupid:
Has nothing to do with ad dollars. Posting homophobic, racist crap is over the line. Even for your precious Opie.
I agree. We post some pretty crazy and funny ****e sometimes. However there's no reason to post homophobic racist crap or bash people. At least don't make a habit of it. A joke is only funny a couple of times then it's just asshattery.
I want to be a mod.
I want to participate in mod discussions.
I will secretly disdain your decisions.

I want to be stereotyped.
I want to be classified.
I want be a statistic.
I want to be a sadistic.

I want a suburban home.
Suburban home...
:thumb: you know I'd rep ya but I got's to spread the love.

I'll miss LO's contribution to the place.
Me too. Mods, may I suggest a 2nd chance?

Pie man, next time stay outta the way of JBPs mustache! I hope you come back. I always enjoyed your posts. (Not that I think that JBP banned O'Pie, I am just on a makin fun of JBPs mustache kick right now. I am hoping it will be the next chuck norris)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I want to be a mod.
I want to participate in mod discussions.
I will secretly disdain your decisions.

I want to be stereotyped.
I want to be classified.
I want be a statistic.
I want to be a sadistic.

I want a suburban home.
Suburban home...
Can't - you don't live in the northeast. Me on the other hand...

srsly tho...
LO gone is a shame, though I can understand why it happened. Is he gone for good, or just a 1monther?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I would consider multiple deleted NSFW posts and removed avatars to be a "warning" but I suppose some people need it spelled out for them.

However, you were given a 24 hour suspension. One day. That was a warning.

Hang on while I shed a tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.