Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Modtards, LO is part of what makes this place fun. It's easy to cross the line once in awhile when ya got a crapload of posts and/or a few drinks in ya.

He's a smart Monkey. WTF did he do so wrong?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
From the secret moderator forums...

It seems to me that since he got axed the level of juvenile drivel in the lounge has subsided a lot and there's even discussion of - gasp - bicycles.
I thought the lounge was for juvenile drivel. :think:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
That mutherfuqker stepped it up and even inspired a dumbass like me to post more in the Beginners Forum.

This is a sad day.

I'm going to roll and smoke a joint right now and not enjoy it out of respect.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
That mutherfuqker stepped it up and even inspired a dumbass like me to post more in the Beginners Forum.

This is a sad day.

I'm going to roll and smoke a joint right now and not enjoy it out of respect.
That was almost a month ago. And it was a lot more than just calling someone a fag. I like LordOpie, but just because he is popular doesn't give him a pass to be outrageously insulting to a lot of people because he is mad at one person.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
That was almost a month ago. And it was a lot more than just calling someone a fag. I like LordOpie, but just because he is popular doesn't give him a pass to be outrageously insulting to a lot of people because he is mad at one person.
:plthumbsdown: Bring L'Oopie back

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
And it was a lot more than just calling someone a fag. I like LordOpie, but just because he is popular doesn't give him a pass to be outrageously insulting to a lot of people because he is mad at one person.
Obviously, I understand and respect that you have to filter your site of moronic crap that will affect ad dollars, but it's hard for me and a few others to see him going that far overboard.

At least us know what happened.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Obviously, I understand and respect that you have to filter your site of moronic crap that will affect ad dollars, but it's hard for me and a few others to see him going that far overboard.

Let us know.
Has nothing to do with ad dollars. Posting homophobic, racist crap is over the line. Even for your precious Opie.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Has nothing to do with ad dollars. Posting homophobic, racist crap is over the line. Even for your precious Opie.
Didn't see anything racist in his post, the term he used is more derogatory than homophobic, and who knows - it could be true. :lighten:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Unnecessary that.

I just asked for permission to quote an email of his. If approved, I will.
Seriously...something happened that he knew would get him banned. I need to check in on him, but the reality is, he emailed me with his addy before he was banned. I missed this place when I couldn't post, so, along with a change of jobs, I try to be understanding of the site admin's rules. They're not really hard to comply with.

I get that Brian was an ass, but at one time or another, I thought the same about Echo. He still thought I was a douche, and on occasion, it was reciprocated, but we finally reached some common ground.

Aaron seems more reasonable than Adam was, so it's not like he's just f*#king with people.

*that's not to kiss ass. It's to point out that I got the impression that Adam had the "it's my place, so deal with it" mentality.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
To quote an email on a pubic forum? Respect...

LO:

I posted something that would get me banned in order to make a statement. I wasn't drunk or emotionally out of control in some fashion, just making a statement that if mods wouldn't live up to some role model role, at least not be such cocksucking tools.''

I see there's a thread about me tonight. I'm seriously honored that anyone cares. Please let them all know that I sincerely appreciate it and will miss the general banter and cycling talk.

I see your post about encouraging you to post in the beginers forum... kind of you.

steve/opie

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Guess I lost my moderator status.

Peace! Out!

That was an obvious choice:

1. You didn't want to be a mod
2. You didn't participate in mod discussions
3. You openly disdained our decisions.

Shocker.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
That was an obvious choice:

1. You didn't want to be a mod
2. You didn't participate in mod discussions
3. You openly disdained our decisions.

Shocker.
I want to be a mod.
I want to participate in mod discussions.
I will secretly disdain your decisions.

I want to be stereotyped.
I want to be classified.
I want be a statistic.
I want to be a sadistic.

I want a suburban home.
Suburban home...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
I like LordOpie, but just because he is popular doesn't give him a pass to be outrageously insulting to a lot of people because he is mad at one person.
but being a mod allowed brian to act the way he did with not so much as a slap on the wrist?

as i recall, the LO incident wasn't the first time that there was an issue with brian crossing the line.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To quote an email on a pubic forum? Respect...

LO:

I posted something that would get me banned in order to make a statement. I wasn't drunk or emotionally out of control in some fashion, just making a statement that if mods wouldn't live up to some role model role, at least not be such cocksucking tools.''

I see there's a thread about me tonight. I'm seriously honored that anyone cares. Please let them all know that I sincerely appreciate it and will miss the general banter and cycling talk.

I see your post about encouraging you to post in the beginers forum... kind of you.

steve/opie
:wave:
Hey Lord O Pie

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
but being a mod allowed brian to act the way he did with not so much as a slap on the wrist?

as i recall, the LO incident wasn't the first time that there was an issue with brian crossing the line.
I don't know of other issues with Brian. Being a mod had nothing to do with it. I don't ever recall banning anyone for picking on a particular person somewhat benignly. Brian has been warned and there won't be any more chances with that. LO on the other hand, has been banned before. Maybe even more than once? There is a limit.......

Status
Not open for further replies.