Quantcast

lords hill near monroe - any hidden stuff?

Jul 22, 2009
I live in monroe and have found a few unmapped trails that are fun, although still tame. does anyone know if there is some good stuff out there that I am missing?

do you get frowned on for building new trails there? seems like it's run by elitist hikers, but by the looks of some of the trails I bet they were originally made by mtn bikers or dirtbikers.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
There used to be more before the last wind storm. Not much effort to clean it up since then.

I would highly discourage any bootlegging in there now. It's all SnoCo parks property and we're really getting a leg up with them with how well Paradise Valley is going now and talks are actually coming from SnoCo to have EMBA build some bike specific trails out there in the near future. There is not a very strong hiker contingent there but the local horsey folks are something else and very difficult to deal with. All the OG stuff out there was built by hikers and horse folks. There used to be some moto and 4wd traffic out there before parks bought the rest of the property. But, that was some 10-15 years ago. The rangers and county parks planner are really cool and some even bike so if you do want to get involved and want to ensure that you don't have to worry about the man finding it and ripping it out, I'd contact Brian Crowley at EMBA who's currently spearheading PV and offer services.
There's lots of open bare rock up there in the woods that would be pretty awesome to ride and the parks folks would be stoked because it won't erode with use.

Just called "Lord Hill" too...