Quantcast

Los Padres National Forest closed due to fire risk

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Emergency closure information of all of the Los Padres National Forest is included below.

All trails on the Los Padres National Forest are closed until further notice. This includes the sections of the Santa Barbara front side trails that are in the Forest. This includes much of Jesusita and the top sections of Tunnel, Coldsprings, San Ysidro, and Romero Trails. The Forest Service will be signing the trails as closed today. Gibraltar Rd. and Camino Cielo from Gibraltar to 154 will be open as it is a County Road. East Camino Cielo will be closed from Gibraltar to the East (includes Coldsprings, SanYsidro, Romero and on).

There is no estimated opening date as of yet, but restrictions may begin to be minimized after this weekend. Fines may be applied if restrictions are ignored.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
So I'm guessing that biking this weekend is out of the question?

How is the smoke up in SB? It's facking miserable here in The OC.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, no riding in SB for me this weekend, but I'm going to work on Knapps castle Saturday!

The smoke is nothing compared to the Zaca fire earlier this year. The Ranch fire, by castaic, is getting us just a little haze now.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
"The Los Padres National Forest will re-open Thursday, November 8, 2007. Areas in and around the Zaca Fire and a small portion of the Ranch Fire will remain closed and Fire Restrictions will remain in effect throughout the Forest."

Does that mean the front trails open up?

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So is ALL the backcountry closed still? Places like Little Pine, Upper Oso, Connector, Buckhorn? I know that they opened parts of LP, but that many places effected by the Zaca will remain closed fpr some time? What is some time? Through winter?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So is ALL the backcountry closed still? Places like Little Pine, Upper Oso, Connector, Buckhorn? I know that they opened parts of LP, but that many places effected by the Zaca will remain closed fpr some time? What is some time? Through winter?
I'm thinking the places you mentioned will probably be closed through the winter :( I'm not much of an XC rider so I don't ride those trails too much but they are really nice and it's a shame to not be able to ride them. As of Thursday though, the front county trails are back open:clapping: