Quantcast

lost at snowshoe

dru

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
va
I went to the shoe for the first time for monster park. good show!
I thought the mtn. was great.
But a trip through birdland almost ruined my good time.
I have a good sence of direction but found myself in the middle of birdland before I knew what hit me. I could tell from the map it was to be avoided, but ended up there anyway. you guys need to put better signs in the area, maybe a warning to dh riders about peddling.
also even worse was the junction with bandsaw. it was marked in a deceiving way. it looked like the trail went down a nice steep section, then it deadended in a steep ravine. my buddy almost had an asthma attack by the time we hiked back up. I spoke to a number of riders that weekend who fell for the same nightmare.
I put sticks up across the deadend and moved the sign,but it needs to be remarked in a clearer way.
this little trip through hell was the reason I only got to see 30 minutes of the finals. {it came down to riding or watching riding}
on the whole I had a blast at snowshoe, I can't wait to see what they get done in the next few years.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
dru said:
I have a good sence of direction but found myself in the middle of birdland before I knew what hit me. I could tell from the map it was to be avoided, but ended up there anyway. you guys need to put better signs in the area
Yes, better signage would really be a big help in the western territory. Unless you have the fortune of riding with others who know the trails there well a lot of time can be wasted trying to hunt and peck routings down the mountain. It is not obvious how to get to many of the better trails down there. More signs would help more riders get more value out of their lift ticket.

That said, the trails over in the western territory were in great shape and I really enjoyed most of the new tracks there over the Monster Park weekend. I hope Snowshoe's success over that weekend can translate into more weekends with the western territory lift running! :thumb:

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
DamienC said:
Yes, better signage would really be a big help in the western territory. Unless you have the fortune of riding with others who know the trails there well a lot of time can be wasted trying to hunt and peck routings down the mountain. It is not obvious how to get to many of the better trails down there. More signs would help more riders get more value out of their lift ticket.

That said, the trails over in the western territory were in great shape and I really enjoyed most of the new tracks there over the Monster Park weekend. I hope Snowshoe's success over that weekend can translate into more weekends with the western territory lift running! :thumb:

Amen, it would also saved us a shuttle ride, and got us a lift ride and kept me out of the dog house..........at least for a few hours ;-)