Quantcast

LOST fans?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still say he is an "other". And did he enter the code, or did it time out? I don't think he entered the code based on the direction he traveled. If he was on the other side, would he not have stayed there vs going back through the vent? The doors went up if in fact he entered it, why did he go back in the vent?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I watched it for the first time last night and I can safely say I had no effing idea what was going on for the entire episode.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:
I still say he is an "other". And did he enter the code, or did it time out? I don't think he entered the code based on the direction he traveled. If he was on the other side, would he not have stayed there vs going back through the vent? The doors went up if in fact he entered it, why did he go back in the vent?
I am pretty sure he is an other too. Rumours I have seen, especially now coupled with the hatch map, is that all of the hatches are connected via a central hub, where the others are. I think maybe they were trying to get back into control of Dharma and locked it down to possibly scare people out? Only they didn't know Desmond had been doing research...

How long until we see Desmond again? How long until they get that door in the basement open? How long until they figure out who the hell is making food drops??? Maybe that is what locked the hatch down..auto lock when a plane comes near to drop supplies, in order to keep the seclusion experiment (Desmond) in control?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jdschall said:
I watched it for the first time last night and I can safely say I had no effing idea what was going on for the entire episode.
Ya, if you hadn't seen the first season and a half, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I suggest you grab the dvd set if you liked the episode tho, the show is awesome. Easily best one on television.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
damn good episode... I was just gettin really pissed about how slow the season was... cause of all the re-runs... but now we are in high gear for sure!!!

I think he is an Other... and Yes I think the plane drops cause the locked down hatch...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I got in last season on eps 12 or something, thought it was stupid because I am dumb and was, well, lost.

Then they repeated eps #1 and wife and I were hooked....about a week before she gave birth last summer we watched the whole season when she was sick and bed-been watching religiously ever since.

That dude is an other......and I am going to look at screenies of last night as soon as I get some time...maps??

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
I got in last season on eps 12 or something, thought it was stupid because I am dumb and was, well, lost.

Then they repeated eps #1 and wife and I were hooked....about a week before she gave birth last summer we watched the whole season when she was sick and bed-been watching religiously ever since.

That dude is an other......and I am going to look at screenies of last night as soon as I get some time...maps??
IM me, I have the map downloaded already. :rofl:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Glad to see there are others as hooked on it as I am.

It will be interesting to see what happens after last nights episode.

J

JRB

I prefer Boston Legal. Shatner even made fun of "beaming" last week.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I like the episode where some people got lost and couldn't find out where they were and stuff. Then that stuff happened. It's good written.

J

JRB

Isn't Lost pretty much Gilligan's Island without the really hot girl next door and the funny guy with the hat???

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
My take...
Henry Gale IS an "other", and he is trying to pit Locke and Jack against each other in order to cause split.
Henry also needs to be killed now that locke gave him the "numbes". I'd be suspicious as soon as he rattled them off on the first try. I've been watching the show since the beginning, and I can only get maybe 2-3 numbers deep in the sequence.
I dont' think that henry typed the numbers in though. Otherwise, why did the black lights go on, and you heard the machine starting up as well.

I also loved it when Sawyer asked jack why he didn't play for the guns, and jack responeded "When I need the guns, I will get the guns".

One thing I didn't understand when they were trying to determine if Henry was an other was this... If he says that he crashed on teh Island 40 days ago, just ask him to tell you some world events that were happening right when he left. WMD, Carl Rove, Jack Abrhamoff, Iraq insurgency... I mean come on people!! Yeah, I know that that wouldn't make good TV though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I came into it about 15 minutes in, so I didn't get to see the whole ballon thing, so I see what they found. I am downloading it at home so my wife and I can watch it tomorrow.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:

That's about the same time I got into the show, and ended up getting season 1 on DVD, so that I could get up to speed. However, I kind of lost interest this season, the first few episodes just frustrated me...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:
How can they read any of that? I would have been better off not seeing that :D

The mention of Polar Bears at least brings some light on some things.
Hi-res HD captures. The image is rather crappy, but the 4gb hirez HD episose shows it pretty clearly. The activity minimal during restocking procedures validates my guess that the paradrop is what locked the place down...not sure about the blacklights tho.

Also, have you seen the lost whispers site? They go throuh all the episodes witht he others whispering, and have MP3s as well as transcripts, it explains a LOT of the story line. I think it's pretty cool the way they make people dig for it, it becomes more then just a TV show, it's a full on game.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Transcend said:
Hi-res HD captures. The image is rather crappy, but the 4gb hirez HD episose shows it pretty clearly. The activity minimal during restocking procedures validates my guess that the paradrop is what locked the place down...not sure about the blacklights tho.

Also, have you seen the lost whispers site? They go throuh all the episodes witht he others whispering, and have MP3s as well as transcripts, it explains a LOT of the story line. I think it's pretty cool the way they make people dig for it, it becomes more then just a TV show, it's a full on game.
Werd... I agree, an interactive show for those with the net, or ability to capture etc... and just an entertaining show for those without!!!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Transcend said:

What whispers site? I haven't done any extra internet stuff other than download some of the episodes I miss and watch on the Mac with the wife (and it looks better on my 17" g4 than on my TV).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I googled it, thanks. It's hard when it's out of context though. Reading through it makes a lot of sense, but I don't recall the scene, so it makes it tough to understand.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:
I googled it, thanks. It's hard when it's out of context though. Reading through it makes a lot of sense, but I don't recall the scene, so it makes it tough to understand.
Ya I agree, I have all of last seasons and this seasons downloads and such backed up, so I popped them in for a few of those. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
lost is the one hour of tv i watch.dont call me dont talk to me dont even make a noise when it is on. i barked at my roomate and her 2 boyfriends last night during lost cause they wouldnt shut their pie holes.

i am very glad that Jack re-established who the king of the island last night.

henry is definately an other being as how he didnt know about they pretty much told you he has. they are gonna kill him.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They won't kill him, they may pump him for information now. He thinks that they WILL kill him, given the treatment he has received. He may very well be easy to get lot sof informatio about the island out of.

Hopefully we find out more about cerberus now (the black cloud thing/protector of the gates of hell). It is referred to a bunch on the door image.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So good. The map was pretty awesome. With my normal trinitron i got nowhere near that clear of a picture.

He is for sure an other. I am curious what they plan on doing with him.