Quantcast

lost my job

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
well the feed supply store i was working at laid me off today because apparently we dont make enough money in the store even though we can buy a $7000 fish tank for feeder fish last week. whatever. so im driving home and stopped at a steel yard and applied for a job there. anyone ever work at a steel yard?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Well you are going to school next Fall so I wouldn't worry too much about finding another job. Enjoy the Summer, ride your bike, do what ever you do with your girlfriend, and don't look back.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
dont you breed goats and whatnot? if they are anything like every other animal u can buy they prob cost alot. just put them in pairs and let them make babbies

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Don't you have temp agencies in the US? I used to always make really good short term cash doing stuff like medical record filling - basically really boring but vaguely important stuff. Those sort of jobs pay much better than just regular menial labour.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You should take the time you have now and work with an english tutor.
If you want to be accepted to any college, you're going to have to have a better command of the english language.

Just some friendly advice, don't get used to it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
You may like to consider expending the remainder of your pre-educational liberty in personally prodigious and salient endeavours, in lieu of the pursuit of temporary financial reward as you seem to be suggesting.

Engaging with an English tutor with a view to improving your grammar and vocabulary would appear to be optimal recourse for your personal situation.

Should you desire acceptance at a recognised and worthy educational establishment, I personally believe it would be advantageous for you to increase the depth and dexterity of your use of the English language.
Pinkshirt: Learn your ass a book, bro. :busted:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Temp agencies are awesome. Once got placed at the county morgue with the Body Snatchers. The guys who pick up the dead bodies and deliver to the morgue or funeral homes. $800 in 2 weeks with 6 hour shifts. Since I wasn't authorized to drive the van, I was drunk for at least 4 of those 6 hours :beerjam:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Temp agencies are awesome. Once got placed at the county morgue with the Body Snatchers. The guys who pick up the dead bodies and deliver to the morgue or funeral homes. $800 in 2 weeks with 6 hour shifts. Since I wasn't authorized to drive the van, I was drunk for at least 4 of those 6 hours :beerjam:
Six figures for crime-scene janitor - no degree required:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/28/pf/sixfigs_eleven/index.htm

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
maybe ill use a forklift
I have to imagine you'd get fired within 30 seconds of starting up the forklift. Your maybe future boss isn't going to take kindly to you sideswiping his shiny new F350 as you careen across the parking lot.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
well the feed supply store i was working at laid me off today because apparently we dont make enough money in the store even though we can buy a $7000 fish tank for feeder fish last week. whatever. so im driving home and stopped at a steel yard and applied for a job there. anyone ever work at a steel yard?
On second inspection of this post I realized something. PSP was replaced by a seven thousand dollar fish tank. :clapping: