Quantcast

Lost wait on your boxxer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2006
02 Crowns suckas.

Im serious. If you got any 2002 crowns with the original steer, go check the wieght right now compared to your current crowns/steer. You may blow your wad.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
I know the standard of English is dropping...but wait instead of weight...unless I'm missing some hidden message here....6 years to wait for some fork crowns and steerer is a long time :cheers:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Wow, moron alert.

Anyone that owned a pre-05 boxxer knew how much those things sucked, they pretty much got worse every year you went back. Poor tolerances, easy-strip threads, overly tight fit on the stanchions/steerer, poor clamping system, horrid design on drop crown that hits frames, and I think at some stage (00-02) to top it all off they broke very easily too.

Kiss the new 06+ crowns. They fixed every single one of those problems, topped it off with neat anodizing, and at the end of the day they're relatively light anyway.

And seriously, if you think you need a lighter fork than an 06+ boxxer WC, then words like "wanker" come to mind. And yeah, that's coming from a hardcore weightweenie. :)

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
UDI -maybe a little harsh?.....:popcorn:

Hes talking about lower crown so you wont lose the integrated stem mount btw

SuPaFlY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
Holy, if i didn't see the word Boxxer in the posts, id swear i was reading a road topic. Take a **** if grams count that much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Holy, if i didn't see the word Boxxer in the posts, id swear i was reading a road topic. Take a **** if grams count that much.
hahaha thats a good idea.

seriously folks, if you're bike is already~40lbs, it'd be easier to drop a significant amount of weight from the rider than the bike.

Jul 31, 2006
Theres around a 1lbs difference between the two sets.

Thats the difference between a 40lbs bike and a 39lbs bike. Plus the red is pretty cool if it fits your scheme.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
1lb (454g) difference? I'm genuinely amazed at your stupidity now.

An 08 boxxer crownset (both upper and lower) with full length steerer weighs 575g.

Do tell us how you you reduce that weight by nearly 80% and still have a crown left, let alone two.

Status
Not open for further replies.