Quantcast

lots of pics from my cross country drive

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i left here on thursday and went to charlotte, flew to detroit then to denver. picked up a truck and a new drift boat (both for work) and drove back to western NC. i got back here on saturday bout 5. made pretty good time.i was in Denver for about 45 minutes before i started driving.
well here are a ton of fun pics.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Dam I miss big storms, when I lived in Wisconsin/Hawaii/Ney York/ Germany, each of those places gets big storms. I miss seeing lightning, around here all i hear is the thunder, I have never seen lightning in WA.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Road trips are awesome... i need to plan another for at least 2 months.. i wonder if i can get paid to do it????

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Outstanding pics. A couple of years ago I drove to CO for a weekend because I hadn't seen Kansas in a long time. That was cool. But then I had to drive back through Kansas 2 days later. That sucked. :dancing:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah it was certainly an experience. the thunderstorm clouds from the ground were mainly kansas, there were friggin tornados everywhere and i am kinda bummed i didnt get to see one.

but i got paid to drive across the country so that was cool.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did you find Kansas a Little windy?

All the times I have driven through there, there has always been a 25-30mph breeze.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stevew said:
Did you find Kansas a Little windy?

All the times I have driven through there, there has always been a 25-30mph breeze.
there were 60 mile per hour straight line winds and 20-some-odd tornados touched down in the counties where i was driving.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
stevew said:
There are places outside of Wichita (which unfortunately I've had to visit on business) where the trees have a permenant wind induced lean to them.....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Andyman_1970 said:
There are places outside of Wichita (which unfortunately I've had to visit on business) where the trees have a permenant wind induced lean to them.....
it did look kinda like all the trees were leaning in opne direction. its almost as if the wind always blows the same way.

the trip overall was very enlightening. it was a solo trip and i had no other music besides the radio. lots of country stations and NPR.

i partied in Nashville TN.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
biggins said:
it did look kinda like all the trees were leaning in opne direction. its almost as if the wind always blows the same way.

I've noticed that along the highways here, too. Pretty much a southerly breeze all summer.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Cooter Brown said:
damn bigz! you were that close and didn't even let a nickel know, there's a whoop ass 4X course @ Columbia we could've hit at least a couple times

I see how ya are :)
unfortunately i didnt have a bike or the time. my whole objective when i went through columbia was to get from salina kansas to nashville TN that day.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Jeez, we are getting all the Asheville celebs coming through Columbia lately, first Biggins and the Herndon.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Yep. Jen is probably coming along, but Aaron probably won't. His girlfriend had plans or something. He is trying to find a way to change those plans. Y'all heading down Friday or Saturday?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
If Aaron goes, then we will be there Sat. morning. If he doesn't, then I think we are going to roll down Friday and paddle the Mulberry River.