Quantcast

LOTS of video games

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's a pretty cool collection. i've suspected for years there would be a market for vintage video games but i think that MAME has kept it from really gaining any real steam.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nathan Cloud said:
Mmmmm Mame. My winter project:
I bet I have most of the games that dude has ;)
I haven't gone that far, but I should. Ajax has been kicking my ass trying to play it with a keyboard.

How much do you have into it ($$$) so far?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That cabinet is good work. The controller board is probably the most expensive part (besides obviously the monitor/computer). You can gte solid arcade buttons from a few places online, but they usually run about $1-3 each, + the sticks (no idea on these). I wanted to build one for the longest time, but never get around to spending the money on it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was a field service tech for Discovery Zone as my first tech job repairing video and redemption games.

I was going to pick up one of the older neo-geo setups from a shop here in town, but never did it. I have seen some great ones out there, but I have never bothered.

If I could talk my wife into having it in the living room, I'd be set!

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
jimmydean said:
I haven't gone that far, but I should. Ajax has been kicking my ass trying to play it with a keyboard.

How much do you have into it ($$$) so far?
Well, I had the tv already, but so far i put about $1300 into building it. The controller was $700 alone (www.slikstik.com), picked up a bestbuy special pc for $350 after rebates and the rest was building materials.

For the controller I figured if i was going to do this, I would do it right and get the Quad for 4 player goodness. I could have saved some serious cash going other routes.

I should also mention I spent countless hours setting up the pc and emulators and such. An eternity i tell you! Actually still am.

But it has warmed up, there is biking to do!