Quantcast

Loudenvielle 2024 DOWNHILL World Cup

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
amazing that Loic didn't know he'd wrapped up the overall till the interview. I hope they didn't muff up the calculations and give him wrong info... how many points are up for grabs at a WC? (between qualis, semis and finals?)

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
*in @Gary 's drunken voice*

YEAAAAH BENOIT!!!
OH nooooes!
I've no idea if that's a massive spoiler as I only clicked the notification hoping you'd answered my question from this morning asking if anyone knew of a replay available.

Tonight Mathew... I'm going to be @Avy

If anyone has found a replay of Mens finals. Throw me a link. pretty please.
infact PM me as I can stay the fuck outa this thread as I'm watching the kids replays just now

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. just watched Jnr mens (Mental!), Jnr Women then Elite highlights show
Still fired up to watch the full stream despite knowing the winners. Off to search Tiz for the replay now.
Thanks

Ps. Reece you dick. On my fantasy team all fucking season then the second I drop you....
FFS!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
amazing that Loic didn't know he'd wrapped up the overall till the interview. I hope they didn't muff up the calculations and give him wrong info... how many points are up for grabs at a WC? (between qualis, semis and finals?)

I'd say there is a non-zero chance that he was full of shit saying he didn't know. He really seemed to back off his pace like he got news.

I'm not saying he had a radio, but today it would be so easy to have splits and other info sent to something like a smart watch.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. I'd definitely be looking at my watch on such an easy track in the wet.
Gwin even took a couple of naps during his run so he'd be fresh for a bit of commetary at the finish

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Westy.
Loic explains in the WynTV interview that he had guys on track shouting information to him. MX Pit board style and that one guy in particular told him to tone it down. You could hear someone shout something to him about half way down on the livestream. Next split he'd gone from 1sec up to 1.3 down. Rik and Gwin mentioned during their commentary that he seemed to be getting information shouted to him by a member of staff from his team.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah. I'd definitely be looking at my watch on such an easy track in the wet.
Gwin even took a couple of naps during his run so he'd be fresh for a bit of commetary at the finish
You watch your toungue young man. Ehehe.

I found out what that barrel is on Dak’s Bike.

I Love to watch Benny ride. Fucking guy has bad luck.

Avy,still watching replay.

Avy

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy.
Loic explains in the WynTV interview that he had guys on track shouting information to him. MX Pit board style and that one guy in particular told him to tone it down. You could hear someone shout something to him about half way down on the livestream. Next split he'd gone from 1sec up to 1.3 down. Rik and Gwin mentioned during their commentary that he seemed to be getting information shouted to him by a member of staff from his team.

I am just not buying he didn't know he clinched the championship, why else would he back it off? He normally isn't the kind of guy to be happy just making a podium. He is an extremely strategic and savvy rider, that was all part of a well thought out plan. I it is possible that was the first he heard someone say it, but I'd say he pretty much knew.

Anyway I think it could make for more interesting racing if they gave the riders split data at some point in the course. Would make quals and semis even more meaningful.

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I am just not buying he didn't know he clinched the championship, why else would he back it off? He normally isn't the kind of guy to be happy just making a podium. He is an extremely strategic and savvy rider, that was all part of a well thought out plan. I it is possible that was the first he heard someone say it, but I'd say he pretty much knew.

Anyway I think it could make for more interesting racing if they gave the riders split data at some point in the course. Would make quals and semis even more meaningful.
You really think the UCI is going to start sharing useful information with teams?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
You watch your toungue young man. Ehehe.

I found out what that barrel is on Dak’s Bike.

I Love to watch Benny ride. Fucking guy has bad luck.

Avy,still watching replay.

Avy
Benny with the Win. Yes,finally.

I thought the Race coverage got better as time went by.

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
With only 30 riders in finals I was pleased to see Oisin's 6th place run for a solid 3 seconds.
You can't complain about the variety thought. We had a couple of shots of the camera men's feet while they walked, at least 4 cuts to an empty, fog-covered bit of the track, some bald guy's back of the head, the drone they were using to follow the riders, some empty sky...

Aug 7, 2024
Are intercoms against the rules? To me it seems a no brainer. I would definitely want split updates if available.

Hell, the wife and I have intercoms for trail riding just to talk without shouting.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
let-it-go-gif.gif

Personally. I think Loic is a bit of an arrogant dick.
Remember when the whole of ridemonkey thought that about Gwin. And Woo thought he'd quit while ahead and fuck off to something else?
#ironymuch

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
OH nooooes!
I've no idea if that's a massive spoiler as I only clicked the notification hoping you'd answered my question from this morning asking if anyone knew of a replay available.

Tonight Mathew... I'm going to be @Avy

If anyone has found a replay of Mens finals. Throw me a link. pretty please.
infact PM me as I can stay the fuck outa this thread as I'm watching the kids replays just now

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ok. Hold the phone. Someone on PB said there's a relationship between Tahnee & Finn?

Oh the drama! :D

But I'm happy married and have a kid, so I guess I gotta rub this drama in :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ok. Hold the phone. Someone on PB said there's a relationship between Tahnee & Finn?

I was wondering why they were showing her reactions during his run.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
View attachment 218089

Personally. I think Loic is a bit of an arrogant dick.
Remember when the whole of ridemonkey thought that about Gwin. And Woo thought he'd quit while ahead and fuck off to something else?
#ironymuch
I remember Brother.

I just watched Ben‘s YT Final video on the Race. That with all the Input from you guys,I have my Final thought’s on Bruni with his help.

First thought was I thought it was illegal? Since the the Day’s of Nico? Then I read the Rule has changed.

Second thought was that any information while going fullbore save for a digital clock is a bad idea. Even a Clock is a bad idea for me,but if you are a Pro,which I’m not,mabye it is just what they need and Not take them out of their Zone? I don’t know,but they did stop it,which to me means it has an Advanatge. I would go full bore every time. This moment does not last long,so if I can win,which he could have,then let’s get it!

Then there is the agurment,that you go for the Victory,no matter what.

We would not be talking about this otherwise. He was up,he could have won. Avy is going for the Win! In the End,it is How Many Win’s do you Have? That is how we get our Goat,No?

So Bruni is giving a Victory to Benny the Jet? Or we will never know,either way,I ain’t feeling it!

Now Avy is thinking of Gwin and did he give up a victory? Ummmm.

As to you‘re thought’s Gary,I think Bruni is a Beast. But I have to agree with you,that did not look good. Also,he is not getting any younger?

Last,Avy is going out on a Limb with this thought.

1st place in the Last Race of the Year,will be Won by the kid from Canada,the Man behind the Hype of his Teammate,Mr.Finn. Get it!

Avy

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

I don't even have to hit play. I just know this gonna be good.

*edit* @1:50 is that dude on like a vintage bike from the 90s? What the hell

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
@Westy.
That was the moment he got the information and tuned it down a bit.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 075819.jpg

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Good for them,he gona get some Good Love coming up,holding that Victory Trophy and all In his Hometown.

Avy
That was BANGING!
No Doubt!

Avy