Quantcast

Louisville riding?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We are gonna take a road trip to Louisville to hit that rad sk8 park there & want to know what else there is to ride. (we will be on 26"ers, btw.)

It seems like I have heard about some freeride type stuff in Cherokee park, but all I can find on the web is XC stuff there. :confused:
If we cant find any trail riding there is always urban. :evil:

Thanx lousiville :monkey:'s & anyone else in the know!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
There is the BMX track at Tom Sawyer Park. And there is some DH DS stuff south west of town. I thought they put on some races there last year.
Call Derby City Outfitters @ 502-589-9055 The DH/FR crowd goes there. I haven't been there in 2 years but it was a cool place.

I would also like a full rundown of were ever you ride. I'm going to L'ville on Labor Day weekend.

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
TN,
You will dig the skate park, and there is also a ton of good urban riding around the park
If you want to ride trails, Cherokee has some fun flowing trails. Cherokee is about 3 miles from the skate park and you can see downtown from several vistas. Cherokee is fun if you want to roll some fast trails with a few rocky technical sections. There are plenty of lines you can take which lead to drops from 4 foot to 15 foot. Also, some big gap jumps as big as 20 foot gap.
If you ride there you would have more luck riding with someone who knows the trails. The park is 100+ years old. Designed by the same guy who did Central Park in New York. What that means is that the trails spider web and cross alot of streets so if you don't know where you are going, you won't find the trails to easily. I would be glad to get out with you guys and show you around. I live right by the park. There are alot of people riding there on any given day, so odds are you would run into someone, but email me if you want to go for a ride: Tgaines72@hotmail.com
There are several other parks worth checking out. I can tell you more if you want.
-T

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
right on.
I will be getting in touch with yall. I am not sure when we are gonna shoot up your way we are still planning.

oh & there is DH in Louisville too?

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by TN
right on.
I will be getting in touch with yall. I am not sure when we are gonna shoot up your way we are still planning.

oh & there is DH in Louisville too?
We have a DH trail about 30min from downtown at Fort Duffield. That is where we have held all the local DH races in years past. Its nothing too hardcore but it is a cool place to just rip around for a day. Let us know when you are going to come down and we may be able to scrap together a group ride. And if tim's buying the beer it should be a good time.;) :D