Quantcast

Lourdes--18d : 22h : 34m

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I know it's a long ways out, but sunny for practice and rain on raceday seems to be on tap:
upload_2017-4-24_10-58-47.png

I don't know that's a good thing or a bad thing. it could go both ways...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'll admit, i clicked it, somehow, in the back of my alcohol-riddled brain, somehow hoping it would magically time-travel me to sunday morning and live racing, and was just a little bit sad when it did not.

i guess, if i'd really thought on it, that i'd have realized it's in no way possible, since the 919-livin', cousin-kissin', evil genius aka @jackalope has not yet posted the preview analysis...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Will have to remind myself to not visit the internets on Sunday, until I've watched the replay (after a ride of course).

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
They're probably focused on putting out their e-bike enduro fantasy league, and don't have time for dh at the moment. :monkey:
Dirt is done as far as I'm concerned. Bought Rad to make up for the hundred or so Dirt mags I gave to a local kid, but their new content is super shill clickbait or short and pointless articles. Wish they'd come around, used to be refreshing, now not so much

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
you know what wheel has a better rollover and carries more speed than a 29"??
a 30"... a 31".....oh and a 32"... and a 33"..... where are they/we going to put the limit?

this sport its becoming a joke every year, the wheel size in competition should be sanctioned in the rules and let the best man win.
rollover is a misnomer only used incorrectly in the cycling industry it seems. For bikes, the term roll applies to roll center aka cornering, not rolling over objects. for every other engineer it means an actual rollover, or in helicopter terms something else. Marketing claptrap.

Oh well. Can't wait for the race to see how these big wheels roll over stuff!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh well. Can't wait for the race to see how these big wheels roll over stuff!
and hold up to the abuse those boys and girls can dish out without weighing so much as to outweigh (see what I did there) the supposed benefits of the size.

What would be awesome is if course designers put in multiple sections where you have to bring your bike to a stop, and then get going again (like a 90° uphill corner or something) so that the big wheels would take so long to get going again that their advantage would be lost. as long as they don't put the cameras on that section, I'd be fine with that! :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
and hold up to the abuse those boys and girls can dish out without weighing so much as to outweigh (see what I did there) the supposed benefits of the size.

What would be awesome is if course designers put in multiple sections where you have to bring your bike to a stop, and then get going again (like a 90° uphill corner or something) so that the big wheels would take so long to get going again that their advantage would be lost. as long as they don't put the cameras on that section, I'd be fine with that! :D
yeah, let's fuck up DH racing to make it better.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007

Doesn't cairns have something like that?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
looks like one rider is down before the WC season even starts
The YT Mob unfortunately confirms that it’s Spanish National Champion, Angel Suarez, will not be able to compete in this weekend’s opening round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup here in Lourdes (FRA) after breaking his left arm in a training crash on Monday in La Zubia, Spain.

Angel returned home to Vigo immediately and after consulting with his doctors it was agreed that he will be operated on tomorrow, Thursday, the 27th. He’s broken both the Radius and the Ulna bones, and furthermore the Radius will require plating. The exact recovery time won’t be known until after surgery but it’s estimated to be at least 2 months.

We of course all wish Angel a speedy recovery, and we’ll miss him a lot this weekend!

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot

Sounds exactly like an O-Cup race.