Quantcast

love is for suckers gfmt

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
sigh... the dealer sold me this car 41 days ago and wants me to pay for their failures during pre-sales safety checks and service.

steering u-joint is le failing. took me a while to detect it because of all the lane assist and other crap that I foolishly didn't disable. now that it's clearly in a state of unsafe at any speed I get to argue with the dealership's used car sales manager...

thank god for my wife who told me, "Don't get that trailer hitch installed until after they figure out what's up with the steering."

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Besides a broken chain on my commuter bike that I had tried to fix the night before it was followed up with some shit it don't even feel like sharing so I have to finish off the day with a beer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sigh... the dealer sold me this car 41 days ago and wants me to pay for their failures during pre-sales safety checks and service.

steering u-joint is le failing. took me a while to detect it because of all the lane assist and other crap that I foolishly didn't disable. now that it's clearly in a state of unsafe at any speed I get to argue with the dealership's used car sales manager...

thank god for my wife who told me, "Don't get that trailer hitch installed until after they figure out what's up with the steering."
I think you're in MA, right?

Your Vehicle's Term of Protection

Your used vehicle has a set time frame during which it is eligible for repairs!

You vehicle is eligible for mandatory repairs if the defects occur during your vehicle's term of protection. The term of protection is based on how many miles are on the odometer at the time of sale.

Less than 40,000 miles

90 days or 3,750 miles driven since purchase

40,000 – 79,999 miles

60 days or 2,500 miles driven since purchase

80,000 – 124,999 miles

30 days or 1,250 miles driven since purchase

More than 125,000 miles

No lemon law warranty

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
sigh...thank god for my wife who told me, "Don't get that trailer hitch installed until after they figure out what's up with the steering."
I had a hitch put on my wifes Forester. Dealership would only install 1 1/4 hitch and wanted to add wiring for trailers. It would take all day and cost $900. I said no, it's for a bike rack, I want 2" and no wires. They gave me a blank stare so I left and went to Uhaul. They gave me a 2" hitch, no wires, same day, only an hour - $300.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No, but the wife and I had a very constructive conversation last night about the recognition that I need to change trajectories before it meets terrain. We're as of yet exploring what that means.
There's always Herbalife!

You could be a Regional District President's 20K Local Distributor Team Leader in no time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No, but the wife and I had a very constructive conversation last night about the recognition that I need to change trajectories before it meets terrain. We're as of yet exploring what that means.
I often consider a career at Home Depot.

edit: But I don't want to have to work 6000 hours a year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Costco is a better place to work if that kinda work, afaik

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I often consider a career at Home Depot.

edit: But I don't want to have to work 6000 hours a year.
My uncle retired from the IRS and went on the game show circuit for about 3-4 years. As a tax expert, he knew what gifts to take, what gifts to cash out, and how to play it. After too many trips, appliances, and life time supplies of Ben Gay, he took a job running the outdoor plants section at Home Depot. Southern California, so the weather isn't ever awful really and he loved it.

There used to be tapes of all his show appearances, he was on over a dozen shows, it was hilarious.