Quantcast

Love Monkey

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no, not any sordid MancilG or Stoney98 stories...talking about the new show. anyone catch it last night? i was mainly intrigued by the 'belly of the beast' aspect re: record labels, and it seemed to be inspired by _Hi Fidelity_, a book and movie i enjoyed greatly.

not too bad, i think i'd watch it again. i like the main guy (dude from _Ed_) and his friends are fairly interesting too. i hope that Eric Bogosian does more than just this cameo from the pilot; i like that guy a lot. the various music references are fun to catch, but i hope they have better musical spots...the dude w/ the acoustic guitar is just not my thing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
valve bouncer said:
You scared me there for a minute mate. I thought you were gonna do an N8 inspired post of drunken ramblings.;)
well the wife does leave for Italy today, but unlike N8 i've got a pretty good self-editing/self-shaming instinct.

bbug, the show is on CBS at 10

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I caught it, liked it. Good stuff, actually. Characters actually seem like human beings, and I agree there's a ton of cool music references. It'll be interesting to see how the writers will handle the whole "looking out for yourself vrs. doing what's best for others" thing.