Quantcast

low acid coffees?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Hi all,

As some of you are able to put two-and-two together, I have a bad stomach. It's fine though, as I'm usually able to eat and drink most of what I want on a daily basis...with the main exception being coffee. I'm not completely addicted, but need to drink some every morning at the expense of my stomach. Thus, the reason for my question:

Has anyone tried some of the low acid coffees out on the market? Folgers has a product, as do a few other smaller market distributors.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
switch to yerba matte. it is actually good for your stomach & has quite a kick. it IS an acquired taste though.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
switch to yerba matte. it is actually good for your stomach & has quite a kick. it IS an acquired taste though.
Any suggestions? I've had a bunch of yerba back in the day (read: college) because Guyaki was based in town. I actually liked the taste of yerba, but Guyaki's stuff never really did "it" for me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Reflux, you and I had this discussion in the past or at least a discussion about the fact that I too love coffee but have a stomach like yours.

I actually found that tea was the worst thing for me. Coffee doesn't bother me that much.

First off how much Coffee do you drink?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Reflux, you and I had this discussion in the past or at least a discussion about the fact that I too love coffee but have a stomach like yours.

I actually found that tea was the worst thing for me. Coffee doesn't bother me that much.

First off how much Coffee do you drink?
Yup, I remember a few discussions about your stomach. Sorry maing.

Fwiw, I usually drink at least two cups of green tea each day. My stomach is interesting in that I can normally drink as much tea and orange juice as I like, without any sideffects.. When it comes to coffee however, I have to use caution.

As of right now, I'm drinking between 4 and 8 ounces of coffee in the morning. It's an extremely small amount of coffee, but it is something that I crave during workday mornings. Through trial and error, I've found that more "normal" coffee upsets my stomach for the rest of the day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I don't remember where you stand on this but, do you take any meds for it?

Yup, I remember a few discussions about your stomach. Sorry maing.

Fwiw, I usually drink at least two cups of green tea each day. My stomach is interesting in that I can normally drink as much tea and orange juice as I like, without any sideffects.. When it comes to coffee however, I have to use caution.

As of right now, I'm drinking between 4 and 8 ounces of coffee in the morning. It's an extremely small amount of coffee, but it is something that I crave during workday mornings. Through trial and error, I've found that more "normal" coffee upsets my stomach for the rest of the day.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I don't remember where you stand on this but, do you take any meds for it?
Not usually. The surgery (for the most part) solved the problem. Maybe two or three times a year, my acid reflux will come back for a brief period of time, usually not exceeding 2 or 3 weeks. During those times, I will take Prilosec and cut my diet back big time.

I'm probably going to pick up some of the Folgers coffee this week. As much as I shouldn't drink coffee, I'd finally like to enjoy a cup each morning without suffering the (mild) consequences associated with doing so.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Not usually. The surgery (for the most part) solved the problem. Maybe two or three times a year, my acid reflux will come back for a brief period of time, usually not exceeding 2 or 3 weeks. During those times, I will take Prilosec and cut my diet back big time.

I'm probably going to pick up some of the Folgers coffee this week. As much as I shouldn't drink coffee, I'd finally like to enjoy a cup each morning without suffering the (mild) consequences associated with doing so.
Just throwing this out there but maybe some of the instant coffee's might not be a bad idea to try.